Monday, September 12, 2005

Old School

I heard a song today that I haven't heard in YEARS! It was Supersonic by J.J. Fad. Anyone remember that song? I remember I had gotten the tape for my birthday, along with DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince. I put both of them in and would stop, rewind, stop, rewind, stop, rewind until I got all of the words down to my favorite songs. I was SOOOOOO COOL!! I would even practice doing the "Kid n' Play" dance with my friend, Jackie, when she would spend the night. Then I got the Salt & Peppa tape, but my dad wouldn't let me listen to it because it thought it was too risque. So I went out and bought another one behind his back and listened to it when he wasn't home. And Janet Jackson!! I knew all the moves to "Miss You Much" in the privacy of my bedroom, of course.

Just thought I'd share.

9 comments:

pickett said...

Too funny, we heard that same song last week and Phil went around singing it all day long.

I still have the Supersonic tune in my head...

Kira said...

I remember mostly listening to all that 80's alternative stuff and a little pop...duran duran, depeche mode, inxs, the cure, tears for fears, ah hah, etc...sniff...getting nostalgic now!

Miss R said...

Don't forget the Big Hair Bands! Who didn't do air guitar to Poison's "Talk Dirty to Me" or know the words to Warrant's "Cherrie Pie"? Don't forget good old GNR "Sweet Child of Mine" either. On the other hand, I also have currently in my CD player Sir Mix-a-Lot's "Baby got Back."

april said...

I could never forget about the big hair bands because I actually had really REALLY big hair. Poison and Bon Jovi were my favorites.

Maine said...

I listen to the 80's station on XM Radio and they play JJ Fad like ALL the time. I have no idea why they're so popular there.

Opaco said...

i can honestly say i haven't a clue who JJ Fad is.

Mr Vholes said...

And you used to sound like such a hot chick, too.

schmims said...

Janet Jackson totally ruled!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. tax code straight edge shirt cellulite affiliate program printers http://www.dry-skin-care-2.info bingo game Custom wheelchair backs Webcam cunt High search engine positioning tibet statewide dance competition and minnesota piece of crap 127tema01index pay per click Ford 4x4 hub bearing receipt printers