Friday, October 07, 2005

Icky.....Grinch

I was sick yesterday, so I called off from work. This was the second day this week because Ethan wasn't feeling good on Tuesday. Why couldn't this have happened on Monday and Today? Monday, Wednesday and today have all felt like a Monday. That just sucks! Anyway, I still don't feel 100%, but I would've had to have a terminal illness to miss 3 days in a week from work. They're just assholes like that. Right Fyrchk?

So it's pouring here in Northern VA from the tropical storm Tammy. We needed it BAD! Anyhow, on my way into work this morning I happen to notice a car pulled off on the side of the interstate with an elderly man sitting in the drivers seat with the drivers side door wide open. I started to feel really bad for him thinking, "What if he needs help and doesn't have a cell phone?" Because a lot of elderly people don't keep up with "modern technology." Although it was WAY out of my way (it was on the opposite side of the interstate) I got off at the next exit and hopped back on 81 in the other direction. I pulled up in behind this man, still with his feet on the road and his door wide open. I grab my cell phone, just in case he needed it, and proceeded to his door. Keep in mind it's pouring. I say, "Hello sir, do you need any help?" Apparently, I scared the SHIT out of this man because he jumped up and bumped his head. Now I feel REALLY bad, not only is this poor man stuck on the side of the interstate in the pouring rain, but now I've probably given him a fucking concussion. I said, "OH NO, I'm soooo sorry. I just wanted to see if you needed any help, sir. I really didn't mean to scare you." He shot me this fuck-you-bitch look and said, "I don't need any damn help!! NOW GO AWAY!!" With that he pulled his feet around into his car and slammed the door. I stood there in complete disbelief of what just happened. IN. THE. RAIN!!

Holy mother fucking shit. I know this old bastard didn't just take my gesture of kindness, spit on it, throw it on the ground, stomp on it and set it ablaze. I walked my happy, WET ass back to my car. Waited 20 minutes for the opportunity to get BACK on the interstate. Drove 8 miles to the next exit. Got BACK ON the interstate in the direction I SHOULD have been going before I decided to turn around and help the fucking grinch. All totaling about 19 miles out of my way.

I hope he did shit his pants!!!! Bastard. And I hope he's got a big bump on his head too!! So there!

5 comments:

Macca said...

Let's hope that karma gets him back. What a prick.

schmims said...

I bet he's on something. Who the heck sits on the side of the road with their feet hanging out? Who I ask ya? Who? Crackheads, that's who!

And if it makes you feel any better, I appreciate your gesture of good semaritan-ness. Thanks even though it wasn't toward me.

fyrchk said...

I bet you looked H-O-T when you got to work.

And knowing the women you work with, the probably had some smart ass comment to make about that too.

pickett said...

Sometimes I can't believe how much other people suck. At least the puppy is thankful for your good deeds. That guy will get his sometime, what a jackass.

Kira said...

Next time, kick him in the nuts. I don't think the head bonk was bad enough.