Wednesday, October 19, 2005

A whole lota nothin'

Last night I was with my son and his Cub Scout troop at our local fire department. There were 30 or so little boys being little boys and my son yells, "MOMMY!" and I knew I was the Mommy being called. I wasn't looking right at him and I was in conversation with another parent at the time. Yet I knew that the little voice calling for his Mommy was my son. That's just awesome. I love being a parent.

Even when during the question and answer session with a firefighter, my son so matter-of-factly tells him, "My Mommy told me that people who like to start fires are called pyromaniacs!" Yes, all eyes turned to me as the parents were laughing wondering how in the hell does something like this come up in conversation with a 7 year old. He was obsessed with lighting things on fire and I warned him of the legal and fatal issues involved. I may have mentioned the word pyromaniac. So shoot me! At least he doesn't play with fire.

Anyway, I really like Law & Order SVU but recently I've been watching CI too. I like it, but not as much as SVU and I couldn't figure out why. Until last night. In SVU the beginning of the show always starts with the victim being found and the rest of the show is dedicated to finding the perp. In CI the beginning of the show starts with the crime taking place and you get to see who committed it right of the bat. From there the show is all about the detectives finding the guy from the beginning of the show. This is the problem. I already know who did it. They take the mystery out of the hunt for me. Also the guy detective, Goren, knows everything about anything. He looks at a Rolex and knows that it's vintage, only made in 200 B.C., and that only 5 were made on a remote island off the coast of Zimbabwe. He smelled a dollar and knew right away that the scent wasn't perfume but none other than barbicide, the blue liquid used to sterilize shit in barber shops. They dug up a body that was buried for 20 years and Eames, the woman detective, looked at her skirt and knew within 2 minutes the brand and the year it was manufactured. It's way out there sometimes. Goren seems to know every language and the detailed history of every culture imaginable. Whatever, no use in complaining because I'm still going to watch it.

As for my Tits & Ass survey, it looks like the mighty ass wins with 8 votes. The bodacious boobies not far behind with 5. Although we all really know that's it's all about her personality. Who needs a great ass and ample tits as long as she's smart, secure and has that wonderful personality? Umm, yeah personality. That's it!!

10 comments:

Opaco said...

Sometimes it is hard for me to suspend reality and watch a show like that. Lamby can testify to my comments on this one. Like crooks climbing through the air conditioning duct, as an ex installer, I know that ain't gonna happen, sorry. There are other things like that that just get to me and make it too hard to watch the show.

schmims said...

Good thing my ass looks great in a good pair of jeans!

april said...

Opaco-I hear ya. Last night the whole watch thing was just the last straw. I was like, "Now this fucker knows all there is to know about watches? Tell me why he's a detective again?"

Schmims-

Great Looking Ass in Jeans>Big Boobs!

Kira said...

I am not human because I never watch TV. Ever. Seriously. Like, it's been years since I had cable, and even then I only turned on Food TV Network...*coughs*

I keep my personality in my T & A. Is that a problem?

april said...

No problem here. Obviously Alex doesn't mind either, so if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Maybe that's what my ass is lacking, personality?? I'm gonna work on that. Thanks Kira!

Opaco said...

What if you don't have an ass? Can you have upper thigh personality?

Joe said...

For a long time, I've been proud of my lack of tv watching. But a couple years ago, I started watching CI after coming home on Sundays from woodworking. I'm totally hooked, and it's because of Goren. He's the fucking uber-geek. If I'm going to have no personal life and be a geek, I wanna be like Goren. There, I've said it. :)

april said...

Opaco-I suppose one could have upper thigh personality. Are you saying you don't have an ass?

Joe-It's great that you can get out your Goren, uber-geek fantasy. I'll admit that I find myself attracted to Goren, which is why I keep watching I think.

The Lily said...

YAY ASS! There is hope for me yet. :)

To be fair to the woman detective there are certain clothing lines that I can id and know what year and season.

But only because I worked with the brand.

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site...
car+insurance+uk Valtrex when breastfeeding latino girls free video Online valtrex free consultation Instructions for valtrex 1gm Washington warriors baseball Featherlift nonsurgical facelift refinance morgage http://www.valtrex-7.info/shinglesvaltrextherapy.html Fight invalid debts http://e3kjv3z0.blogspot.com/ 0anavman personal carnavigation model icn 635 www ford transit connect roof racks Free prescription valtrex valtrex canada Goth red shoes and cats valtrex supplements