Sunday, November 27, 2005

Jose Cuervo is NOT a friend of mine!

Thanksgiving was good as usual. I went to my Mom's which is a whopping 2 houses away from mine. Ate entirely too much, but I'm pretty sure that the tequila I drank last night made me dispose of Thanksgiving dinner and then some today.

Tequila and I fight about keeping my clothes on, in which tequila usually wins. (naked) HOWEVER, last night I'm proud to say that I won the battle and my clothes stayed on. I didn't even want to take them off when I passed out on my bed. Apparently my husband is on tequila's side because I woke up naked. Thank goodness I was in MY bed, and that's all I've got to say about that.
**********
Green Bay lost AGAIN. I say no more about that either.
**********
Today my husband's friend asked me if my Mom and Stepdad are getting divorced because he works with a guy whose daughter is friends with one of my little sisters. Apparently my sister has been coming to school really upset about the whole situation and confiding in her friend. I KNEW NOTHING ABOUT THIS. NOTHING. So I call my sister to ask her what's going on and IT'S TRUE!! I'm so upset about it, more than I can ever remember being when her and my real Dad got divorced.

I was never really close to my Stepdad until I moved to VA 5 years ago. Since then we've become best friends. Literally. We confide in each other about everything. He's such a good man who will give you the shirt off of his back. He's a hard worker, great father and good provider. We've become so close that I asked him to walk me down the aisle when I got married 2 years ago. And to be brutally honest, my Mom is such a bitch to him. He can't do ANYTHING right and she never appreciates the things he does. NEVER!! And that's not from him complaining about her because he rarely does that. I make that statement from witnessing her bitchiness.

So I called to talk to my Stepdad to ask why I had to hear from it from someone else. Apparently my Mom didn't want me to know because she said that I'd take his side. I want so badly to tell her how I feel. All of it. Just lay it all out there no matter how much it pisses her off. But I won't. Why? Because it's not really any of my business and if she's worried about me taking sides then she already knows a little of how I feel. Besides that she takes everything defensively and will start screaming, followed by 2 weeks of the silent treatment. It's just not worth it.

I'm really, really sad about the whole situation.

Anyway, I hope everyone had a wonderful Turkey Day!

7 comments:

Kira said...

Tequila is a little pervy bastard. He makes me strip, too.

If your mom would like my ex husband so she can see what a REAL crap situation with a man is, maybe that'd make her appreciate your stepdad and keep him. You never know. I know that what I went through with my ex would have left me happy and appreciative dating a ferret, let alone somebody as fabulous as Alex.

schmims said...

Sorry to hear that. And yes it is your business becasue it's your family too. I think you should try and talk to your mom and let her know how you feel, but that you're not taking one side over the other.

Nessa said...

I'm sorry for you family! Thoughts are with you!

Maine said...

That's unfortunate. Has your mom ever considered discussing her disposition with a professional? Similar situations have arisen in my family and normally, everybody gets along a little better once the aggression is tempered.

Macca said...

Sorry to hear about the bad news. =/

Randi said...

after 8 yrs on my own i moved in w/ the 'rents and realized how verbally abused my father is by my mother. no matter what you say, things won't change unless they want it to. i'm very sorry that you're unhappy though. (hugs)

Itchy said...

I have no idea why families keep secrets...but they do.

My families secrets are health related. My Mom doesn't want to worry us...so say they detected a tumor. We will not know anything about it until she's had it checked, received the test results, and know that she's dying and when. Why not have some support while she's going through all that, sheesh!

Once you have let the news sink in, you should talk to your Mom. It's best not to play along with the little games...Good luck!