Sunday, November 13, 2005

A Prayer to the Football Gods

***THE FOLLOWING PRAYER WAS ANSWERED AND MY BOYS WON!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOOTBALL GODS! (A side thank you for allowing Tampa Bay's 2 point conversion that won the game over the Redskins. You guys really are the best!)***

Dear Wonderful Gods of Football,

I know that you were clearly pissed off yesterday during college ball, but hopefully your spirits are much better today. The reason for this prayer is to beg you mercifully for a Packers win today. At this moment the score is tied up at 14 but there's a whole second half to be played. Since I am unable to watch the game due to regional coverage issues, I'm only catching important clips. The Green Bay boys need this win. Not for hopes of making it to the playoffs because we all know that's not going to happen, but solely for the pride of the players, coaches, and fans. Please, please, please oh so fabulous Football Gods, give this one to us. For the sake of all that is good, let the Pack add another win to the only ONE they have. In Walter Peyton's name I pray, AMEN!
p.s. Thank you for tight football pants!

HERE WE GO PACKERS, HERE WE GO! *clap clap*

13 comments:

Bill said...

your prayer was answered. Maybe the packers were just waiting for gado...

april said...

Yes it was!!!!! I hate the fact that I'm in the Redskins region as far as television coverage goes. I could've gone and watched the game at a sports bar again, but I was feeling a little lazy and didn't want to change from my boxers and tank top. I'm staying home for the rest of the games. Maybe THAT'S what the key to their victory is!!

Kira said...

I'm just glad that USC beat Florida :) Yes, Spurrier is an asshole, but he's OUR asshole now...yay! I can't wait until the USC/Clemson game this year as I feel that USC has a good chance of beating the Tigers. All my Clemson friends are probably growling at me as they read this entry, but SORRY!!! I have a degree from USC and NOT Clemson, so I'm obviously gonna root for USC.

PLUS!!!

How can you resist not rooting for a team called the gamecocks? I used to have a shirt that said, "You can't lick our Cocks!"

Opaco said...

I live exactly between San Fran and Seattle. We used to only get the Niners on Sunday. Finally they suck so now I get to watch my hawks.

P.S. your blog is sporting Hawks colors!

april said...

Kira - I don't think Spurrier is an asshole. He got a lot of flack for his short lived NFL carrier due to the horrible team he coached. I imagine that I'd be on the devensive too if I were him. But YES, the Gamecocks have a WONDERFULLY amusing name!!

Opaco - Alexander is on fire this season. Hopefully he doesn't get a T.O. ego. I've heard a few interviews with some cockiness.

schmims said...

Whilst your prayers to the football gods were answered, so were mine. The Vols actually won a football game.
I digress...

april said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

smartass!!

Opaco said...

I totally agree, Alexander has sometimes sounded very arrogant. But I think his is confidence where TO was all about arrogance. I think.

april said...

Opaco - Yeah, Alexander is no where near the arrogant level that T.O. is on. That's for sure. I just hope that he doesn't get that way, ya know? It seems that once some of these really good players start proving themselves and getting a lot of attention, they let arrogance take over. Hopefully Alexander doesn't let shit get to his head. The NFL doesn't have anymore room for another T.O. or Randy Moss.

Maine said...

I think it's okay to be arrogant, since it helps them excel at their job. I don't think it's okay to be:

1.) arrogant in the name of getting yourself a bigger paycheck than the multimillion dollar one you already have,
2.) arrogant to the point where you're alienating/insulting your teammates, colleagues, coaches and employers,
3.) arrogant to the level that you've lost the ability to connect with the fans.

So, guys like Alexander or like Chad Johnson are okay with me, because they're amusing. TO? He's just fucked up.

april said...

T.O. was amusing like Johnson and Alexander until he got all "I'm the king of football" on our asses. Maybe it is ok to be arrogant, but in my opinion the greats never show that publicly. For example, Jerry Rice, Emmit Smith, Troy Aikman, Joe Montana etc. Those guys were classy yet the shit. You never saw them acting a fool as much as T.O., Alexander, and Johnson.

Although T.O. is far more fucked up, I agree.

Coodence said...

To your prayer I say "Amen!"
Go on little Packers!!

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info »