Monday, November 07, 2005

Why be pissed?

I know I said that I was going to burn my Favre jersey because I was convinced that it was the reason the Pack was doing so horribly bad. However, I like my jersey. I like it A LOT!! So, I didn't burn it. BUT as an experiment to determine if my jersey was in fact the deciding factor causing their demise, I didn't wear it last week. And guess what? They LOST!! Therefore my jersey is NOT a bad omen to the team and it is NOT getting torched! YAAAAAAAY!!

I did wear my jersey yesterday during the game, which I was viewing on a huge screen that covered an entire wall of Buffalo Wild Wings. Green Bay lost AGAIN. But I'm not mad. No no, I am not. Not the slightest little bit. Not even an ounce of angry. Why should I be? Because they had 2 back-to-back false start penalties IN THE RED ZONE followed by a fumble which Pittsburgh recovered and ran back for a touchdown? Or maybe because their kicker, Longwell, missed a 31 yard field goal? Possibly because Donald Driver let the ball bounce out of his hands only to be picked off by a Steeler safety, Carter? Could it be because of the five thousand yards the Pack lost in penalties? It CERTAINLY isn't because I was the only damn Packers fan in the WHOLE FUCKING RESTAURANT, now was it? NO sir-ee Bob!! It's fun listening to everyone, I said EVERYONE, around you cheering when your team fucks up! I will absolutely DIE if I never have another Pittsburgh fan look at me with a 'you just got fucked in the ass' grin on their faces again.

Contrary to all that I've just written, it's a mother fucking wonderfully stupendous day!! T.O. has been suspended indefinitely, I remembered to wear deodorant today, and I'm eating funyuns for breakfast! I'm the happiest bitch on the planet right now!

17 comments:

Bill said...

grumble grumble sassafrassamcksamd

So how about that Reggie Bush... he sure is having a good year. He might look good in Green and Gold next year along with several new offensive linemen.

april said...

Reggie is awesome!! Considering we'll probably get the first pick in the draft, Reggie is looking like he'll be a Packer. Unless of course he pulls a Eli Manning and whines about which team he wants to play for, but I doubt he'll do that. Then again, they might go for some good defensive guys who know how to stop the run. Unlike the defense we saw last night. Bastards! Grrrrr!

WORD VERIFICATION: ahgga
PRONOUNCED: A huge game
DEFINITION: Something Green Bay hasn't had this season. Bastards!

Maine said...

Terrell Owens is one of those guys that makes me say, "Damn... why hasn't his mother slapped him by now?"

You know what would be awesome? If Philly suspended or just benched him for the entire life of his contract. "Fuck you, Terrell. Enjoy wasting away in your prime."

LYNYJJB (lay on your job): The act of showing up to work, then doing jack shit for 8 hours.

Bill said...

On the defensive side I will say that they were left with their backs to the wall too much. The DEF gave up 13 points. I'll take that on a weekly basis. But some DL help would be good, but how many def picks have gone by the wayside in the last couple years. They can go DL in the second round. Then OL in the 3rd and 4th... need more athletic guards to make the sweeps and pull schemes work.

Bill said...

pardon this one but...
btijowbb- blowjob just popped out at me. What the other league coaches must be giving the refs to not get the defensive back contact penalties that GB DBs get all of the time.

One day I'll write a book... said...

Did you watch any of the Tennessee game? I feel sorry for our Defense. Man those guys are good. I say leave them on the field the whole time. Screw the offense and special teams. They just screw everything up. Tennessee's defense has a better chance of scoring!

april said...

Bill-You naughty boy!!

Schmims-I missed the Tennessee game. I missed all of the college games on Saturday because I was running around most of the day. But they are not as good this year as they were in the past few years. Same thing with the Sooners. I feel bad for them both.

WORD VERIFICATION: oufxj
Definition: Oh you fucking jerk!!

Kira said...

I am now able to understand that feeling. Alex and I were the ONLY PEOPLE out of about 80,000 Clemson fans in Death Valley to wear Duke shirts as Duke got quashed by Clemson...we were in a sea of orange. Thankfully, Angie and Amanda protected us. Haha! It's strange to have everybody glare and growl and grumble at ya when you cheer for your team because it's you, the cheerleaders, the band, and the team itself only who are wearing blue...

Aw, fuck it. Wait 'til basketball season I tell ya!

Monty said...

You couldn't get worked up over the 'Skins beating Philly, after all the guff the Philly fans have given us, until this game?

sniff, and you live in N.Va.? close to Redskins Park (within 25 miles is good).

april said...

Kira-I saw the final score of the Duke/Clemson game and told my husband in excitement, "Kira was at that game! Kira was at that game!" He said, "Too bad Duke is known for their basketball."

Monty-If I were to have gotten worked up over the Skins beating Philly it would be because I was pissed that Philly lost. I'm NOT a Skins fan AT ALL!! Honestly other than the Pats they are my least favorite team. Besides that, I was born in Philly. I chose to like Green Bay even though I've never been to Wisconsin because I love Brett Favre and his balls to the wall style of QBing. (please refer to any other season than present) Everyone who plays for the Pack are all about being team players. No one needs to be the star and there's not too many other teams you can say that about. Wouldn't you agree?

Opaco said...

T.O. is gone. I could not be anymore happy with him being suspended and basically kicked off the team. He is a cancer to team sports and I can not stand him. Did you see what Steve Young said about him on Sunday morning? Got kinda emotional about it.

On another note...go SEAHAWKS!

Nessa said...

don't follow pro-ball that much, but have to say that I am ELATED that TO is gone - he should be banned from the NFL

kristin said...

Favre CANNOT be banned from pro-ball. He uses sensodyne for gods-sake. Anyways, I hope your Funyuns were good. I just had a bologna sandwich for breakfast.

Macca said...

Is it still Monday? (checks calendar). Woah it's Thursday! I thought this post looked familiar.

Citizen Grim said...

as an Eagles fan, T.O.'s dismissal was the best news of the entire season.

Anonymous said...

It's jadedprimadonna.... Ask Amanda for my new blog addy. =o)

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! » » »