Thursday, January 19, 2006

I'm not a playa, I just crush a lot.

Before I go into the Meme that Mojotek was so kind enough to pass on to me like an unwanted STD, I would just like to know one thing. Is it not common knowledge in most states that if you want to drive all slow and shit, your ass belongs in the RIGHT lane?

Now back to your regularly scheduled program......but I must warn you, it is boring.

Four Jobs You’ve Had In Your Life
1. Dunkin' Donuts
2. Server at Denny's
3. Server/Bartender at Outback Steakhouse
4. Certified Professional Coder (sounds interesting doesn't it? it's not. not at all)

Four Movies You Could Watch Over And Over
1. Training Day
2. Shawshank Redemption
3. Both Blue Collar Comedy Tours
4. The Princess Bride

Four Places You’ve Lived
1. Cape Coral, Florida
2. Ft. Myers, Florida
3. My car - (don't ask, but it was only for a week)
4. Virginia

Four TV Shows You Love To Watch
1. Law & Order SVU
2. Law & Order CI
3. House
4. Will & Grace

Four Places You’ve Been On Vacation
1. Colombia - (for the coffee, not the coke)
2. Venezuela - (the women are truly beautiful there)
3. St. Thomas - (the nicest people live on this island)
4. NYC

Four Blogs You Visit Daily
There are more than four and they are all to your right

Four Of Your Favorite Foods (favorite being spelled with a "U" annoys the fuck right out of me. Just thought I'd throw that in here.)
1. Filet Mignon cooked rare
2. Baked potato, loaded
3. Ice Cream
4. Crab Legs

Four Places You’d Rather Be
1. NYC
2. Boston
3. Florida
4. Italy

Four Albums You Can’t Live Without
1. Garth Brooks - The Chase
2. SheDaisy - The Whole SheBang
3. Jewel - Pieces of You
4. Alicia Keys - Songs in A Minor & The Diary of Alicia Keys

Four Vehicles You’ve Owned
1. 1987 Mercury Lynx
2. 1980 Mazda RX7
3. 1998 Dodge Neon -Just as Mojotek said, this car made me vow never to buy an American made car again. I love America, just not our cars.
4. 1996 Honda Accord - I LOVE MY CAR.

Four People To Be Tagged
I tag no one.

19 comments:

The Lily said...

re: driving in the right lane -
No dearest, because you live in Northern Virginia. Where logic is lacking and self-entitlement and oblivion rule!

Fuckingcocksuckingmotherblowing fuckers. GET OUT OF MY LANE!!

Itchy said...

Filet Mignon cooked rare is my favourite!!!

And it seems that the entire state of Virginia doesn't know how to drive. I hate them. It's called a turn signal...use it.

fyrchk said...

I only live 11 miles from work now. You'd be amazed how early I am all the time.

Just thought I'd gloat a bit.

Randi said...

Dude, I tagged myself... is that lame? haha. Thanks for the idea, I'm a total copycat.

hotdrwife said...

Ah, the certified professional coder. Sounds familiar. Pays like shit.

april said...

Clairebell - Thank you for the clarification!!

Itchy - No it's MY flavoureet!

Fyrchk - I want to see time cards before I'll believe that you're early!! =)

Randi - Rock on with your bad self!

Hottie - It's no doctor's salary, but it's not too bad.

Coley said...

Re: "Before I go into the Meme that Mojotek was so kind enough to pass on to me like an unwanted STD"
Isn't that a smidge redundant? Isn't it the nature of an STD to be unwanted? Or are there desirable STD's they don't want you to know about?
Just had to nitpick, what do you want, I'm at work, and therefore not mentally engaged.
PS The driving is no better anywhere else. In CA everyone thinks they are in a race, apparantly, but half of the drivers are stoned, which still causes gridlock. Nice.

Coley said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Soviet said...

i love big pun! yay!

Maine said...

Mama, I'm big. I'll run my prick through your hooters. I'm sick, you couldn't measure my dick with six rulers.

april said...

Coley - The use of the word unwanted prior to STD was meant to be more descriptive, an adjective if you will, rather than redundant. See, while all STD's are unwanted, I'd rather have the one's that can be cured, if I had to have any at all. Besides that, the sentence sounds better to me with unwanted in it. =) But it's kinda like calling my co-workers douche bags, which is redundant too, isn't it?

Soviet - Thank you for noticing the title!! That song was on during my commute this morning and I couldn't get it out of my head. So I just used it for the title! You rock!!

Maine - 6 rulers.......so it IS true what they say, isn't it?

schmims said...

In Ohio there are ginormous signs that say "STATE LAW, SLOW PEOPLE GET OVER", summing it up anyway. I was going 80+ in a 65 while passing a semi. All of a sudden a car flies (yes it had wings) up behind me, so I put my turn signal on to let the tail gater know I was getting over as soon as I could so that he wouldn't try one of those steatlh weaving moves to get around me. The car sped past and ended up being a state trooper. Just before I passed the semi, a car had passed me and now the state trooper was swooping in on the car that sped past me. The car had plenty of room to get over but becasue he was about to pass someone in the right lane. The state trooper touched his brakes then turned on the blue lights. Now that's my kind of state, ticketing the slow people in the left lane and not the ones going 15 mph over the speed limit.

(I hope that made sense)

Macca said...

Massachusetts is the WORST place to have to drive. We're actually called "Massholes" (clever huh?). I would love the signs like Schimms has around here.

hotdrwife said...

Well, they didn't pay a lot at the hospital I worked at - when I did it!! It wasn't good at all. I moved on to another title and upped it by 10k.

It's not a dr's salary, but I was working that job long before marrying HDH>

fyrchk said...

I'll call you next time I pull into the parking lot at work.

pickett said...

Filet Rare, a girl after my own heart! That's what I'm talkin about.

pickett said...

And the driving thing, everywhere I tell ya. Michiganders drive worse that Virginans I believe, but then again I've never done metro DC at rush hour. Here speed limits and lane protocol are completely lost. I've actually seen someone take a right and exit from the far left lane in about 15 feet.

And schmims, I'd bet money the other car had out of state plates. Ohio cops love to ticket Michiganders for 5 over.

The Lily said...

Schims: I suddenly love Ohio. I wish VA state troopers would get off their collective and start ticketing slow drivers in the left lane.

pickett: What? My word on the utter chaos wasn't enough?? I'm hurt.

Mojotek said...

You owned a Neon too? I am so sorry... I truly am.

And the thing that suck out the most about the whole post was that you found the Venezuelan chicks beautiful. Call me perverted, but me likes...