Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Ch-ch-chaaaaange

I've been keeping something from you guys but not because I'm a sneaky bitch or anything like that, but because I've had so much going on with my life that I didn't want to seem like a drama queen. Wanna hear what it is? Good, I knew you did. Well literally the day AFTER I left Sammy, I got into a disagreement with the CEO of my company and he terminated me. His exact words were, "You're full of shit, I'm tired of listening to your shit so you're terminated. Get your shit and you've got 15 minutes to get the fuck out of here." And so it goes.

So, I've been on a few interviews with no luck. I've even been told that the job that fired me has been asking a few of the people I still talk to if I would consider coming back. Yeah....um.....NO!! Fuck that. I'd rather eat my own feces than go back to that god forsaken place. I know you all miss the stories about CowPig, Yenta, Evil Bitch, and the others. But I'm happier now. I've gotten rid of all the things that have been bringing me down and I'm starting over.

I must tell you that the boredom is driving me absolutely crazy. I'd rather be at work complaining about not wanting to be there, but I'll find a job in due time. I've been looking EVERY DAY and have been contacted by a few people who've found my resume on Monster or Career Builders. But so far nothing. You know, I've never NOT worked. After I had Ethan I was off for 2 months but I had a job to go back to and that was maternity leave so it's different than just being unemployed. Then after my car accident I couldn't work for 9 weeks, but again I kept my job and it wasn't by choice.

Anyway, Ethan is doing very well with the change. Sammy takes him every Monday and Wednesday and every other weekend so it's not too bad. Besides that, Sammy only lives 5 minutes away so Ethan can see him whenever he wants.

I've only gotten lonely twice so far and both times were when Ethan went to spend the night with Sammy. But I just watched tv until I fell asleep and tried not to dwell on it.

So there you have the update of my life. I wasn't going to write about it but Macca suggested I should. So I did. (way to cave into peer pressure, eh?) Anywho, I hope you all are having a wonderful week and an even better weekend to come!!

Deep Throat of the Day: Who said change is all that bad?

22 comments:

The Lily said...

Glad to see that you are doing alright! Miss seeing you write everyday.

Laurie said...

Hi suganutz!!!!!!!! Miss you!!!!

NWJR said...

"Fuck that. I'd rather eat my own feces than go back to that god forsaken place. "

Don't hold back! Tell us how you REALLY feel!

The Soviet said...

it sounds like your former boss liked to say "shit" a lot.

let's find new jobs together. i'm ready.

Mojotek said...

Well, you actually sound upbeat about the whole situation so that's good. Happy people that are upbeat about the future are MUCH more likely to find a new job quickly than someone who's feeling sorry for themselves.

Best of luck in landing that dream job!

Kira said...

See? you lost your job. That's a sign you need to move to Florida? No? Maybe? Well, it's a thought!

It all happened at once so you could flush the toilet. I bet anything a much better situation will pop up over the horizon. Meanwhile, if you're too bored, you can always come visit in SC :D

doc-t said...

if you can't share your problems with the entire world, then who CAN you share them with?

yes, the being unemployed sucks on an endless number of levels.. breathe... it'll get better...

divorce... a weekend without your son.. lonely.. no energy.. sit in front of the t.v. and only get up for the essentials like bathroom breaks, cheetos, and diet mt. dew.

ARRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHH

breathe!!! this too shall pass...

and this:

"I'd rather be at work complaining about not wanting to" be there

Is SOOO VERY human.... we humans always gravitate to that which we do not have, whether we need it or not...

breathe April.... it's going to be okay.

Amanda said...

Last year, I walked out of my shitty job, find my boyfriend in bed with another woman, and lived in misery for four months. After that, things totally turned around. I have a great job, great new friends, and an all-around great life. Everything will be great soon...these things tend to happen for a reason.

schmims said...

I thought you did blog about losing your job, but then I scrolled down and I guess you didn't. Oops! Good luck with the job search!

Red said...

Everything happens for a reason. Dontcha ya hate when people say things like that?
Your situation reminds me of a book I read recently titled "Bitter is the New Black" by Jen Lancaster.
Also a site I have recently come upon for job searching is called Linked In. Maybe it can help. Good luck.

D.T. said...

OMG! April! I know you dont want people to be sorry for you, but I just wanna let you know that I'm prayin' for you over here!

From what you've said, things do seem a bit bleak right now, but what amazes me is that you are still able to stay strong for you and your son. You're not giving up, and I applaud you for that.

It's like that quote I read in the 10th grade. Sometimes, bad things happen to good people, but it's how you deal with it that's most important. And well, if I ever needed to use the word "fabulous" it would be right now...you're doing one helluva fabulous job of dealing with everything, so drop trou and take a bow!

Anonymous said...

That Macca guy is quite the suggestor of posts!

Macca said...

Heh. I guess I am.

Randi said...

Live off the fat of the land, Sweety. It seems like a good detoxification is just what the doctor ordered. If you get lonely, you can always email me!!!

Coley said...

Big changes always seem to come in groups. You'll come out of this one way ahead. Fabulous bitches always do.

Good luck with the job hunting lady!

pickett said...

The good thing is you know that the fool who let you go is choking on his own foot! I'll be praying for you..

Miss Sassy said...

Fuck no change ain't that bad!!!

In fact, its the big changes I've never EVER had a regret about =)=)

Sending happy job thoughts your way! Don't get addicted to daytime TV or nuthin!! I knew someone who wanted a job only until 1pm so she could watch TV!!

Your WAY more awsome than that!!

Jezzy said...

My theory is that when everything happens at once, you're better able to cope then when it happens on different occasions. For me, hubby was diagnosed with cancer at the same time that I was looking for a job and trying to finish my PhD and helping my aunt through a divorce case - all those things just get put into perspective when it's all together. Change isn't bad, it's just challenging.

Itchy said...

Just wanted to say that I'm sorry that all of this happened all at the same time. Good luck with your job search.

Sassy One said...

Good luck with everything!
Best wishes!

nicole said...

Sounds like you're actually doing AWESOMELY well. Way better than I would, I'm sure.

Wow, way professional behavior on the part of your ex-CEO, huh? That's one for the record books!

By the way, you won't get any complaints from me on being busy or having lots of things going on. I've been a total loser on the blogging front. FORGIVE ME!

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... tire dumfries woodbridge tennis fakes Domainname sichern free patent information Conair pro style 1875 salon bonnet hair dryer chrysler car wax Asw jackets Advantagesdisadvantages of basketball Code facelift stockton license plate frames manufacturers Nebraska best mortgage rate Car insurance quote car insurance cisco intrusion online craps Students gpa computation softwares Cheap acuvue 2 Hottub heater long range surveillance system Call center customer satisfaction sla comparison