Tuesday, May 30, 2006

You're dying to know........

Last night was the dinner cruise date and let me just tell you that it was AMAZING!! I thought that the cruise was going to be fun, but he had a few surprises that made it unforgettable.

When we boarded the boat, I saw long rectangular tables that sat 8-10 people and a few round tables that sat the same. So I assumed that we would be sitting with other people, which would've been perfectly fine by me. But NOOOO!! He got us our own private table. Sitting on the table was a half dozen roses and an ice bucket with a bottle of chilled champagne. The food was fantastic, the atmosphere was romantic, and the entertainment provided laughter, although I don't think I was supposed to be laughing at them. I blame that all on the champagne.

All night he was a perfect gentleman and treated me better than I'd been treated in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time. We were never at a loss for words, which is really hard for me to do anyway, but he contributed just as much to the conversations. He actually LISTENED when I was talking, like he was sincerely interested in what I had to say. Can you believe THAT? He complimented me and made me feel like I was the only woman on the boat. So, yes, my evening was perfect and I will be seeing him again.

Deep Throat of the Day: I know you're wondering if I gave it up to him after all that because that's how most of y'all think, but no I didn't and I don't think he expected me to. And if he did, he didn't show it.

21 comments:

NWJR said...

Yay April!

Karen said...

Isn't it nice to have a wonderful time with a wonderful guy? As for giving it up, if he had expected it then he wouldn't have been a wonderful guy. Besides, do women really DO that still? I'm just sayin...;)

jadedprimadonna said...

Congrats! You deserve it!

schmims said...

You even got a compliment! TSK never complimented me once the entire time we dated. I would say I've been practicing my fiddle this afternoon and he would say have you gotten good yet? Or I told him I was planting a tomato plant and he said, why you're just going to kill it. Bastard. But to his roommate he did say that I was a really good fiddle player, I was smart, etc. Just never to me.

Grant said...

Be prepared to give it up after the third date, in accordance with international guy law #11-0378-7b.

The Lily said...

That is FANTASTIC! I am so happy for you!

Debbie said...

What a wonderful date! You deserve to be treated like that all of the time.

Kira said...

Since so far he's handled things as well as Alex would, I give two thumbs up ;)

Our lunch cruise down La Siene in Paris had two bottles of wine that came with the meal (gotta love those French!). Yes, two bottles for TWO PEOPLE. I sure as hell gave it up to him after that, but you can cut me some slack...we had already been dating a while when he took me :) haha!

I hope you realize this is how you deserved to be treated all along. Even if things don't work out with this fellow, remember this moment!!!! It can serve as a contrast to Asshat and remind you of what you, April, should be getting :)

The Soviet said...

hell yes, woman! you deserve it!

champagne makes me do things. but moreso it makes eric do things. so i like to keep a bottle on hand at all times. ;)

Dark Damian said...

Hey, don't be telling ALL our business! Dang! Next time, I'm taking you to Sonic.

Randi said...

so happy for you yet so insanely jealous simultaneously

Amanda said...

I'm so happy for you!

Sassy One said...

Ohh, your date sounded so romantic and fun! Isn't it nice to be treated well?! He sounds like a real gentleman! I wish you many more nights like this.

And yes, I admit I was thinking, "I wonder if she gave it up to him" If that makes me a pig, I am a pig!

nicole said...

AWWW, that's so GREAT!

It's making me coo and sigh all at the same time!

I love hearing about dates like that. PLEASE keep us posted. :)

Itchy said...

I'm very happy that you had a nice time.

Laurie said...

I am so happy for you.

You deserve all that and MORE.

*muah*

mojotek said...

You didn't give it up? But he sounds PERFECT!

Just kidding... everybody knows a guy that's really interested doesn't want to sleep with you on the first date. He'll definitely want to bone, but if he's into you he'll want to wait too (as long as a guy can wait anyway).

Miss R said...

Sounds like an amazing date, hun! You deserve it. Glow in it and enjoy it. This could have been one of the most romantic scenes of all times in a movie. Miss you!

Sherri said...

Here's to many more dates with men who know how to treat a lady. Cheers! Glad you had a great time.

delite said...

YEY! So happy for you!! Isn't great to realize not all men are complete asses :D

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info video editing programs