Thursday, December 21, 2006

People dying and other shit

Yesterday a man I knew well died. How did he die? Well, he had an addiction to pain medication which he was prescribed. However, he abused them. He was SUPPOSED to be WEARING these trans-dermal patches filled with fentanyl. Fentanyl is an extremely strong narcotic which taken inappropriately will cause your respiratory system to shut down. I'm sure you've figured out that this is exactly what happened to him. Instead of WEARING the patch, he'd cut it open and eat the gel inside. Yes, this is sad, but let me tell you why I'm pissed right now.

This mother fucker has been abusing his medication for YEARS!! He's literally died from this shit about a half dozen times and been brought back to life each time. You'd think that his doctor would have discontinued his prescription. Or MAYBE his family would have tried to intervene and get the dumb fucker help. But no, instead they're all freaking the fuck out acting like this wasn't inevitable. "I can't believe this is happening!" Blah, blah, mother fucking BLAH!! I wanna just smack the ever loving fucking shit out of them, I really do.

Maybe I'm sounding very cold hearted right now, but you know what? I really don't give a fuck. I have absolutely NO FUCKING PITY for people when this kind of shit happens.

After finding that out yesterday I got a call and found out that my friends husband died too. THEN I got a text message from this guy I was supposed to go on a date with Saturday which said, "I have bad news. My X called & wants to work things out. Are you pissed?" WHAT?? Pissed? Am I supposed to be pissed? And really who is that bad news for? (it's his fucking loss, not mine)I'm kinda glad that he canceled because now I know that he's a ball-less son of a bitch. Any man who has to send a text message to cancel a date rather than call MUST be a fucking pussy. I can't handle a pussy.

THEN Mr. I Love You (MILY) from these 3 posts called at 3:30 IN THE FUCKING MORNING wanting to come over. Hmmmmmmm, I wonder what he wanted? Sorry buddy, some of us have to do this crazy thing called WORK!!! Speaking of work, I always had to do all of the work with him. Yeah, he sucked in bed. Now I don't mind doing my fair share of the work, but every once in a while I like to get...well you get the idea.

And I just got off the phone with a patient complaining about her bill for EIGHT FUCKING DOLLARS!!! I wish that I got bills for EIGHT FUCKING DOLLARS!! Well lucky for her, I did some research into her account and found that her bill was wrong. No, it shouldn't have been EIGHT FUCKING DOLLARS. It should've been FIFTY EIGHT FUCKING DOLLARS. Maybe next time the douche will just open her check book and happily write a check for EIGHT FUCKING DOLLARS before she decides to pick up the phone and complain about an EIGHT FUCKING DOLLAR bill.

Deep Throat of the Day: I still haven't started my Christmas shopping. I'm a fucking slacker.

12 comments:

Dark Damian said...

Could you maybe send me a baby wipe? I think I got some spittle on my face.

I'm sorry for the confluence of bad news yesterday. Go kick a mime in the back of the knee while he's working. It's guaranteed to make your day better.

Debbie said...

It's gonna be okay honey. Just do what DD said to do and then take a picture and post it. Cause that would be some funny shit.

Randi said...

Saying "sorry for your losses" sounds contrite. Mostly I just hope Santa makes it all better for you.

NWJR said...

What can I say? I'm sorry thing suck.

I'd like to be a little mouse in the corner when your patient gets her new bill, though.

Heh.

Coley said...

Wow, the power of denial is amazing. How many overdoses does it take to finally realize there's a problem? I'm sorry, April, that's a nasty stretch of unhappiness.

As for the textmessage... Um, are we six years old? "Are you mad?" Seriously, what the fuck?

vincentblackshadow said...

Holy crap, I glad I'm in a different country from you today.

Did we have a big hot cup of 'fuck right off' this morning?

Slacking on Xmas shopping that's what Amazon is for right? Plenty of time.

vincentblackshadow said...

Sorry about your friends husband by the way, but the OD guy, not so much.

jsull28fl@yaho said...

haaaaaaaaaa
u tickle the shit outta me
lol@ "i cant handle a pussy"
i think that should read he can't a pussy, pussy seems to be handeling him
well i hope ur tommorrow is better
js

J R Estelle said...

Damn, most shit comes in 3's, but this...and that text message thing? Bullshit. Sort of like being broken up with in an email. But I mean, thank the masses for technology so that we can all be pussies when it counts.

I hope today kicks ass for you and um, yeah, I sort of like DD's idea. In fact, I'll do the kicking and send you the photo.

Bill said...

Make sure you get Ethan something nice and an elf for yourself.

Kira said...

I'm not very sympathetic to addicts because I guess I just can't understand it. When I went through my "oh lookie, I've never done THAT before!" phase in college, nothing ever stuck. I just don't get it. My ex had severe d/a issues, and he tried to seek out sympathy from me after I moved out about it...oh, I'm sorry honey, it's not that I chose the d/a over you and the family, I chose them over MYSELF too. Um huh? Did a therapist tell you to say that shit? I can respect people who say, I have a problem and I need help. I can't respect those who go up to the wall and keep banging their head until their skull cracks.

The Soviet said...

i can't handle a pussy either, darling. but give me a penis and i'll handle it with care.