Thursday, December 28, 2006

Why am I surprised?

I think I've mentioned this in one of my posts a while ago, but I do not talk to my dad. There are a list of reasons why and I'm not getting into them right now, but just know that he's a manipulating, low-life, piece of shit, alcoholic, drama king who's not happy without turmoil in his life.

Anyway my Aunt (his sister) called me up the other day and told me that my dad called her crying because he just found out that he has cancer in it's advanced stages and only has about 2 months to live. He told her that he just wants to talk to me and asked her if she would call me and ask that I call him. She begged me to set aside my differences and call him because I may regret not talking to him after he dies. So I called.

After about 20 minutes into our conversation I asked about his cancer. He started crying and said, "I knew you would call." I said, "Of course I would if you're going to die." He replied with, "I'm not going to die, I just told your Aunt that so you would call me." WHAT???? This mother fucker LIED! ABOUT HAVING CANCER AND DYING!?!? Who the fuck does this? I got so disgusted by this and said, "That's fucking SICK and I'm truly embarrassed to be called your daughter. When you really do die, I won't be at your funeral because of this. I hope you're fucking happy you sick bastard!" And then I hung up.

I called my Aunt who didn't know that this was a lie, and she was just as disgusted. Well he burned that bridge too because she's the ONLY one in his family who talks to him. Obviously not any more.

Now you see what kind of person he is.

Deep Throat of the Day: Sometimes I'm amazed that I share the same genes as him.

15 comments:

js said...

can't pick your family.
hey maybe your not his really!!!!!
js

The Lily said...

Wow. That is... wow. I am really sorry April.

Here's to a Happy New Year and a Fresh start (again).

schmims said...

WOW! I know someone who has an ex who faked cancer after they broke up just to get attention.

NWJR said...

That's the coldest damn thing I've ever heard of someone doing. I know these clowns are master manipulators, but holy crap...

You probably don't want it, but you have my sympathy.

Coley said...

That's fucking shameful. Dear lord April, you've really got your fill of ass-hattery don't you? You have my sympathy.

Now, to get all Californian on you, let's just hope we get to see some karma in action on this fucktard.

Randi said...

Wow. I thought my mom was bad. Turns out she's just a bitch.

Kira said...

What a manipulative piece of shit!

J R Estelle said...

Wow, who the hell LIES about something like that? DAMN

Amanda said...

What a bastard! I'm sorry you have to deal with this shit.

Ron said...

Yeah I love family. My shithead brother and his fat white trash wife do the same kind of crap.

Family is truly the ones you PICK to be around you and love.

Bill said...

Well at least now you don't have to ever feel the slightest hint of remorse. So in that respect the call was good for you.

Anonymous said...

He is sick even if not with cancer. There is a reason he wants so much attention - it's too bad he can't grow up and figure himself out instead of alienating the very ones he's reaching out to. Try to distance yourself from him emotionally but also work to forgive him - for your own sake. Your anger hurts you as much as him and who needs to go through life bitter? Talk to your aunt and find out who your father was before he was a shithead or as big a one anyway. It will be a sad story and may help you. Not that it will excuse his behaviour but it may help explain it. Happy New Year.
Jeannie (blogger is being a pain)

Anonymous said...

He is sick even if not with cancer. There is a reason he wants so much attention - it's too bad he can't grow up and figure himself out instead of alienating the very ones he's reaching out to. Try to distance yourself from him emotionally but also work to forgive him - for your own sake. Your anger hurts you as much as him and who needs to go through life bitter? Talk to your aunt and find out who your father was before he was a shithead or as big a one anyway. It will be a sad story and may help you. Not that it will excuse his behaviour but it may help explain it. Happy New Year.
Jeannie (blogger is being a pain)

Rumblin Durango said...

Wow, April, that's so sad to hear. I recently reconnected with my dad this Thanksgiving, and saw him when I drove down to Florida with the family so he could meet his granddaughters for the first time. He's a bit poor, but, other than that, he's changed enough to be decent as a grandpa, although I don't expect to see him much more than maybe once a year (I don't know if you remember that long-assed e-mail of the story of my life that I sent you, but, I mentioned the issues with my dad in that). Family is really important, and although I know you are intelligent and strong enough to continue on without that part of your life, it's always sad when things just don't work out there.

~ Rick

mojotek said...

Wow. I'm glad to hear that your aunt didn't know... it would have been a lot worse if she was in on the lie.