Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Later Fool

So as you've all probably heard, some nut-job went on a shooting spree at Virginia Tech yesterday. Even though I'm very sad that such a tragedy has happened, I'm really tired of talking about it because it's literally all that's been talked about everywhere you go. However, I want to throw my thoughts and condolences out there on my blog.

First; My prayers are with all of those who have been touched by this tragedy.

Second; I do not understand why people feel the need to do such hateful things to people, especially to the point of fatality. What the fuck is going through a person's mind when they're just randomly shooting innocent people. And even if they weren't innocent, what gives that person the right to just fucking kill 'em? I don't get it.

Third; I really hope that this doesn't become a racial issue just because the shooter was from South Korea. Next thing you know, there will be a bunch of ignorant ass mother fuckers running around beating up Asians just because of one crazy South Korean. This is Virginia and unfortunately it's filled with a bunch of ignorant, racist rednecks and it wouldn't surprise me if something like that happened.

Anyway, we've had some CRAZY winds here the past 2 days. Last night they reported them at 67 mph. There were shingles all over my yard, along with branches, trash cans, a mini-trampoline, patio furniture, and a mini grill. I hope people don't come looking for their stuff because I've always wanted a mini-trampoline.

Ethan told me I'm more manly than I am girlie. When I asked him why, he said, "Because you don't wear make up, you wear baseball hats, you don't walk like a girl or dress like a girl, and you love football."

Ok, so let me get a few things straight. I'm not manly, I'm just not a "girlie-girl" who has to wear make-up and dresses with high heels. Since when does wearing a baseball cap constitute manliness? And just because I get NFL updates text messaged to my phone and my idea of a perfect date is eating chicken wings at a sports bar while watching a football game, DOESN'T mean that I'm manly.

I hope y'all are having a wonderful day!

Deep Throat of the Day: I just got done getting a FREE massage. I love working with a Massage Therapist. Don't hate.

8 comments:

mojotek said...

Chicken wings and football at a sports bar doesn't make you manly, just idolized by internet geeks everywhere.

I can see the movie now: "There's Something About April"

jsull28fl@yaho said...

well im sure Ethan doesn't look at you the same as me but i have surely never thought to myself "she looks manly"
I can pretty much assure you no other grown man has either! And the cap look.....yeeeee haaaaawwww

but again your crqackin on my folks up there! Dang the necks get a bad name everytime! sigh
why can't we all just get along??

that did suck up there tho but I am with you on getting it off the picture box, i hate it for them but goddang

anyway
I'll be up there next week I might check in for a free massage if I get a chance!!!
hehe
js

schmims said...

Yeah, it blows my mind that someone could be so detached to do something like that.

You're not manly. You have boobs.

Coley said...

Ah, gender roles as determined by a young kid. Always refreshing.

And I agree with you on the media circus surrounding tragedy. At what point are they no longer reporting news, but rather capitalizing on human misery? "Keep the wound open!"

J R Estelle said...

Nope you're not manly, but that date idea, I agree, it's perfect.

Randi said...

Replace football with baseball or hockey and you just described me. Hehe.

Amanda said...

That's a great date! You could even change football to baseball, I'd be thrilled.

And you're definitely not manly. You've got the best boobs I know of...other than mine!

KBear said...

same here.. baseball, hockey or the UFC, and that's me to a T!!!!