Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Watch your mouth, sucka!

I was meeting up with a friend for lunch and we decided to go with the quick, yet healthy route, and get good ol' McDonalds. After we ordered our food we sat down at a table which was about 3 or 4 tables away from a lady and her two children. One child was an infant and the other looked like he was about 3 maybe 4 and kinda reminded me of that cute kid from Jerry Maguire complete with glasses and blonde spiked hair. Anyway, I had spilled a little bit of sweet tea (aka my heroin) on my pants and said, "Shit." Now I didn't say it loud enough for anyone to hear me, or so I thought.

Next thing I know the cute kid (with the fucking radar ears) starts yelling, "SHIT! SHIT! HA HA! SHIT! SHIT!" My eyes got all big and my face turned red and Iimmediately started apologizing to the mother, "I'm so sorry. I didn't think I said it loud enough for him to hear me." She laughed, "Oh no, don't worry about it. It's not a big deal at all. He does this all of the time." WHAT? Her kid is yelling obscenities in a crowded fast food joint around a bunch of other people, dozens of which are children and she's not telling him to stop, she's not embarrassed, and she actually finds it AMUSING!?!?

Then she said to her son, "Jared, tell the people what you say to daddy when he makes you mad." The little boy looks at my friend and I and said, "STOP PISSING ME OFF YOU MOTHER FUCKER!!" Then he started smiling like he'd just done something good and we should be clapping for him or some shit. By the shocked looks on our faces, he could tell we were definitely NOT impressed nor were we going to condone that behavior by clapping. To be honest I was actually kind of embarrassed to be within a 5 feet radius of the kid.

The mom just smiled at the boy so proudly, picked up her infant who doesn't stand a chance with a mother like her, and left after telling us to have a great day. All the while our jaws were plastered to the floor in disbelief.

Now I know that there were a few times when my son was much younger and he would say a bad word not knowing that it really wasn't appropriate for him to say. And I would certainly laugh about it (who doesn't laugh at a 2 y/o who hurts himself and says shit), but I would also correct him and let him know that it's not a nice word and he's not allowed to say it. I CERTAINLY wouldn't encourage that language and by no means would I ever TELL him to say that kind of stuff in public. That was terrible. SHE was terrible for having him say that. Douche bag.

Don't ya just love parenting at its finest?

Deep Throat of the Day: I love getting new toys!!

15 comments:

jsull28fl@yaho said...

u gotta watch thse democrats
they do shit like that
they believe its a movement
sigh
outrageous
js

Amanda said...

And this is how rednecks are made....

Carmel Beauty said...

I can't believe that the father lets his son talk to him like that in a few years they won't be able to control the little hellion. That is ridiculous I remember that my older cousin used to let her son do that and now she has big problems on her hands

J R Estelle said...

I just had a flashback as to what my parents would have done to me had I said that. Ten bucks says the baby had Mountain Dew in that bottle and the other kid was weaned on Coca Cola.

Amazing.

Randi said...

If this is an example of the "children are our future" Whitney Houston believed, we're all in trouble.

Jim McKee said...

Now you know why spiders eat their young... or should it be the other way around?

Sassy One said...

And that's what happens when ditch pigs procreate.

Coley said...

Holy crap! I mean, I know a lot of people do the whole "ignore his attention getting behavior" thing, but this is just disgusting.
Corporal punishment is well-used in this situation. On the parent, not the kid. I can't help feeling badly for the teachers who will have to deal with this kid AND his parents. Glorious.

Maine said...

I just caught myself giving a stern "I'm gonna kill her" look to the monitor.

If my daughter ever called me a motherfucker, she'd be telling people stories 30 years later that ended with, "...and that was the one and only time in my life that I ever called my father an MF."

mojotek said...

All I could do was imagine my mom or dad's reaction to me saying the same thing at that age.

My mom would have slapped me, pointed a finger in my face, and told me how inappropriate that was.

As for calling my dad a motherfucker, I think I would have earned myself a little brain damage doing something that stupid.

NWJR said...

Yeah, stuff like that has gotten out of hand. My sister-in-law lets her kids do that, and then she laughs like crazy. It's not funny.

OTOH, that kid with Will Ferrell cracks me up. So go figure...

Judy B said...

My mother was always so proud of how I worked words like that into my lines at the Christmas pageants at church......Weeee three kingth, mothervuckerth we are, bearing giftth from bitheth afar. Hill and dale and fuckin mountainth, fol'wing that mothervfuckin thtar....yeah that was me, front row.....no teeth, bad lisp.

The Soviet said...

damn.

Itchy said...

Gotta love Virginia...

I'm going to be 35 very soon. If I were to call my father a mother fucker today, there would be some stern fatherly talk going on immediately after. I mean...I don't even say fuck in front of my parents and I'm an adult! Sheesh...

Debbie said...

My mom would have beat my ass in front of the whole place. And she would have made me eat soap too.