Friday, September 14, 2007

I am now

Divorced!! As of yesterday, 9/13/07, my marriage was legally terminated. My feelings weren't what I had imagined they would be though. I thought I would be happy and relieved. It was more......bitter sweet for lack of a better term. I had all sorts of emotions take over me. All very difficult to explain with words. Over all, it's best for everyone and I certainly don't ever want to be back in a relationship with my ex-husband. So it's legally and officially over, and that's that!

Anyway, I have a cold and so the germ bugs are having a party in my sinus cavity. Fucking bastards!! Don't think I'll be doing too much this weekend other than drinking lots of fluids and sleeping. However, I hope y'all have a better weekend planned!!

Deep Throat of the Day: I don't care how sick I am, I'll still be watching football on Sunday.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

For lack of a better word, congratulations. My divorce was much too long in coming, and the relief came about 2 weeks later. You will feel it, and it will feel great!

JsTzznU said...

Congrats! While mine was officially over more than 4 years ago, it took another 2 years of BS & fighting for the settlement finished. Anyways.. it good to close the book! Sorry your sick, but there is pleanty of Football on =)

Amanda said...

Congratulations!! Hope you feel better!

Kira said...

Even though my divorce came later than I wanted, and even though I was the one who definitely initiated the divorce, I cried when mine came through. There's something weird that happens right when you get it done. Emotions fly out, I think, because it's the acknowledgement that all the dreams and hopes you had for that relationship are officially dead. Is it the best thing for you? YES!!! ABSOLUTELY!!! But I understand fully the mixed feelings.

jsull28fl said...

congrats on divorce
Good Luck to your team
and I hope you feel better too, maybe even good enough to drink alot of beer and yell and scream like a maniac while watching the games.
js

The Lily said...

Congratulations! I am sure it is a well-deserved relief for you.

judyboody said...

Welcome to the club, girlfriend! We must celebrate this momentous occasion! Hmmmm maybe the wedding photos not turning out so good was an omen? oh, and the rainstorm that weekend when you planned an outdoor ceremony? and the grumpy ladies at the Moose? and leaving the music at the house? and the bridesmaid who got dumped at the reception? and the security guard at the airport not wanting to let you back in the US when you returned from your honeymoon? and Sammy switching from "Asshole" to "Sweetheart" moment to moment? LOL.....I had the same 20-20 hindsight with Daryl. But I never would've become the person I am now had it not been for the things I lived thru with him. And so it is for you. You grew, you learned, you discovered. And now look! You're one FABULOUS babe and he's still a Looooooooser, won't grow up, won't learn, can barely discover his asshole with both hands tied (handcuffed?) behind his back. Vive le chat!!

Rach said...

congrats for the divorce, commiserations on the germs that have arrived. Get lots of sleepp and then you can officially celebrate your new fresh start. Being divorced rocks!