Wednesday, January 02, 2008

All right all ready

So I did go to the exes house on Christmas morning to watch Ethan open his gifts. And it wasn't bad at all. I stayed for about an hour while he opened all his gifts and then left so they could have their family time. It was all good.

Moving on......we have this patient who is pregnant. Normally this is no big deal. Pregnant women are everywhere. Right? Well this woman, K, thinks that she's the only woman in the world to ever give birth. She just irks me.

First, a week after she found out she was pregnant she quit her job. Her reasoning for this is that it's too stressful. She was a receptionist. Now I'm sure to some degree there was a minute amount of stress, but enough to make you quit? I don't think so.

Then she complained because her doctor wouldn't put her on bed rest. I asked her why she wanted to be on bed rest. Her answer was because she's always tired and sleeps like crazy. Well she doesn't have a job, makes her husband do everything around the house, and sleeps all day. Sounds like she's all ready on bed rest.

Most people I know may sway towards wanting one gender over the other, but will say they don't care what the gender is as long as they have a healthy baby. Not K. No no. She CRIED, I mean REAL TEARS when she came in and told us she was having a boy. Not happy tears either folks. These were 'I'm really disappointed because I really really really wanted a girl' tears. Good lord.

And the thing that probably pissed me off the most......I asked her if she was planning on breast feeding and she said no. It wasn't that she said no which pissed me off because it's not for everyone. What pissed me off was WHY she wasn't going to breast feed. Why, April? Because this pregnancy is so stressful for her that she wants to be able to drink a glass of wine whenever she wants to calm her nerves. If hitting a pregnant woman wasn't considered a felony, I'd have slapped that bitch right up side her head!!!!! WOOOOOOO SAAAAAAAAAH!

Anyway, I hope you all had a great New Year!

Deep Throat of the Day: Can you say SELFISH?!?

12 comments:

J R Estelle said...

Um...she doesn't want to breast feed because she wants to be able to drink wine....? Perfect example of WHY some people shouldn't BREED! Maybe she should just have a cigarette with it too, you know, to calm her nerves and make it not so stressful.

NWJR said...

Wow. I bet her name is "sponge", cuz...well, you know...she's so self-absorbed.

Amanda said...

That kid is going to have a lot of stories for his therapist!

Southern Sage said...

that kid s gonna be FUBAR by the time hes 2.
Some people ought not breed. They should have a test, if you fail no breeding for you!
Sheeeeeeeeesh
jsul

Itchy said...

At least she's announcing her stupidity in public forums. Will help social services later on...

David Jack said...

ugh. where do these people come from?

Jim McKee said...

Ah, but she's a STUPID pregnant woman, so I think it's OK to slap her, as long as it doesn't hurt the baby (might even knock some sense into her). Now, if you were a guy, it wouldn't be OK, but since you're a chick, go for it!

;-]

barb michelen said...

Hello I just entered before I have to leave to the airport, it's been very nice to meet you, if you want here is the site I told you about where I type some stuff and make good money (I work from home): here it is

Carmel Beauty said...

That is amazing. She is really stupid. I can't how stupid she is. Tell her to wake up and get a clue!!!

Coley said...

Oh, April. What the hell. Seriously. How stressful can pregnancy be when you don't have to work, and aren't expected to do ANYTHING? From a broad who just did that whole thing with a full time job, and all normal life responsibilities, It AIN'T THAT HARD.

And seriously? have that glass of wine, then just pump and dump. If you consider not breastfeeding just so you can drink with abandon, perhaps you should consider AA. Just saying...

Dark Damian said...

I can only hope that, during delivery, the baby grabs her Fallopian tubes and grips them like a skydiver holds his guide ropes after he pulls his chute, and they come rolling out of her womb like streamers, thus preventing her from procreating twice.

They're attached by velcro, right?

hotdrwife said...

I can't add anything that DD didn't already cover.

What a jacked up way of handling things. I might want to beat her ass, too. And ... scratch the 'might'.

Good grief.