Monday, October 06, 2008

I need to blog more

There was once a time when I had plenty of somewhat interesting material for this blog. During that time I would say to myself, "That's blogging material." That was a time when I worked with a bunch of bitches and was married to an ignorant redneck. Man did they make for some great stories. I mean, who doesn't want to laugh at the expense of others, right?

Now, my life is happy. I have an amazing son, a wonderful boyfriend and I work with great people. Boooooring. Writing about that shit would be a snooze fest for readers. Who really wants to hear about happy, lovey, mushy ducks and bunnies and shit? (That is a pathetic attempt at an excuse for not blogging. I love my life)

So forgive me for not entertaining you, but I'll do my best. In the meantime, I'm very much reading all of the blogs I have linked over to your left. No, your other left dumbass.

The rest of this post is just going to be some random shit that has absolutely no entertainment value what so ever. You've been warned.

I know the VP debate has been beaten to shreds all over the media, but I gotta just tell you what a joke I thought was. Anyone who thought Sarah Palin did great was obviously delusional. It was a DEBATE! Let me define:

de·bate
v. de·bat·ed, de·bat·ing, de·bates
v.intr.
1. To consider something; deliberate.
2. To engage in argument by discussing opposing points.
3. To engage in a formal discussion or argument.

What Palin did 90% of the time was give a speech. The other 10% of the time her retort was off topic and didn't answer the question. She said herself, "I may not answer the questions that either the moderator or you want to hear, but I'm going to talk straight to the American people and let them know my track record." THAT'S NOT WHAT A VP DEBATE IS ABOUT!!!!!!!! It WAS her responsibility to ANSWER those questions! And her answers should've been an actual ANSWER to the questions! Not some round about, off topic bullshit about a team of "mavericks" who oughtta okie dokie ok now then ya betcha!

Enough of that.

In other news, my wonderful boyfriend, Joe, and I are going to a Halloween party and I really want to go as Cherry from Grindhouse but I'm having a hard time figuring out how to make my prosthetic look like a machine gun. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

I hope y'all are having a great day!

Deep Throat of the Day: Was it just me, or did Biden's teeth almost blind you too? Damn those things were white.

10 comments:

Southern Sage said...

lol
Biden has some teeth!!
I noticed that too.

Shes fine as hell is one thing I kept thinking. I thought she did poorly as well as Biden, he has been there to long to make so many mistakes with the facts.
The only reason she is there to begin with is to get the pro-life vote, the anti-life crowd won't be swayed.
I wanna see a pic of the finished machine gun
and yes you needta post more!
and don't be so damn hard on us 'necks!!!!!

Jennybean said...

Well if the VP thing doesn't work out maybe he could do ads for Crest white strips or something.

What a kick-ass costume idea!

NWJR said...

Biden was "my" candidate from the beginning of this campaign, so it's impossible for me to be objective. With that out of the way:

Palin scares the living shit out of me. She reminds me of some Baptist beauty queen--vapid, but disarmingly charming, and absolutely 100% convinced that she's completely right about everything she knows nothing about.

I don't want a "regular person" in the White House. I want someone that knows 10 times as much as I do, or more. I want someone who has the intelligence to make the difficult, nuanced decisions required of a chief executive. I want someone who knows what newspapers they read, forcryingoutloud. I don't give a flying fuck about flag pins, rimless glasses or hairstyles. Tell me what you're going to do about the loss of our civil liberties, the shrinking middle class, massive job losses, the growing threat from China, and our energy independence. Let's have a REAL debate.

But no, by golly, the American people want a "pretty girl" who talks to them like a "regular" goshdarn person.

God help us all.

Andrea said...

I have a friend who lives in Alaska that texted me the day after the debate and said "Palin rocked the house last night. In your face!" So, yeah...there's people out there that thought she did super terrific.

I should put out the disclaimer that I wasn't riveted to the debate. She irritated me from the get-go by coming out and blowing a kiss to the crowd, then doing the whole "yeah, I'm not gonna answer your questions" spiel. It's a debate, not a goddamn beauty pageant. That's why you're there. Then anytime I heard her say "bless their heart" or "you betcha" or gave a shout out to the third grade my eye began to twitch. I couldn't listen to what was actually being said. I have a low tolerance for being annoyed, even when I know I need to push through and be an adult.

I don't know what your prosthetic looks like so I'm having trouble coming up with a real plan for you to make it look like a machine gun, but I'm wondering if you could get a toy machine gun and take it apart to make a cover for your leg with. Get some camo fabric or something to go in between the two pieces. You could work something out I'm sure.

The Lily said...

From what I gather I don't think that people believed she did that well, just better than they predicted. Meaning she didn't cause any damage, nor unearth any other potential skeletons.

Biden was definitely the winner, but Palin didn't suck fat sweaty goat balls like they thought she would. That emotion the GOP would be feeling is relief.

april said...

Sage: Anti-life crowd? Is that your version of the pro-choice people? LOL! I wasn't hard on rednecks as a whole. As long as you aren't an ignorant redneck, then you're all good in my book. *wink*

Jennybean: I was thinking he'd look good on a poster at my dentists office.

NWJR: AMEN TO THAT!!! I couldn't agree more!

Andrea: I know, when the debate was over, there was a lady on channel 4 who I thought was going to pee herself because she was so happy about how well Palin did. I wanted to puke. Also, I did link to a picture of my leg....can you see it?

Lily: You're right, but there are some people (a lot actually) who believe that she did fantastic and clearly won. But really, it doesn't matter. I was just shocked that there were as many people as there were who didn't see what I saw. Because to me, it was OBVIOUS that she didn't answer questions and she didn't debate. Which is, after all, what it was, a debate. But yeah, you're right. The GOB was probably sweating bullets the whole time she was standing up there. And thanks for all of the emails with links!! You're the bomb, yo!

The Lily said...

That crowd would be the same people voting a straight party ticket. Dum da dum-dum.

Glad to help, I just want to see the end result. Because really? That is a KICK ASS costume idea.

april said...

Lily: HAHAHAHA, I called it the GOB not GOP! I'm an idiot. G and P are no where near each other on the keyboard. I don't know what I was thinking.

J R Estelle said...

When she winked at the camera, I thought, "this isn't MISS ALASKA" and holy hell I love it when Tina Fey impersonates her.

I didn't like her from the start, there's just something about her.

Southern Sage said...

damn April!!!
how can I tell??

;-)