Wednesday, October 15, 2008

It's pouring

My car started making this awful knocking noise when I gave it gas. Took it into the shop and just got the call saying that one of my rod bearings is bad. The only way to fix it is either get a new engine or have it rebuilt. Either way, I'm looking at upwards of 2 grand. I cannot afford that. Not even a little bit. I'm flipping out because I don't know what to do. I still owe a significant amount on the car so I can't trade it in. My credit is fucked from my divorce, so no one would give me a loan. I can drive it but there's no telling when the engine will just freeze up. Then I'll be stranded on the side of the road in the middle of no where. I'm sick to my stomach, I've been crying so much my eyes are swollen and I really don't know what the fuck to do.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Put up a Paypal donate button and beg for money.

Andrea said...

Dude...I am soooo sorry. Do you know any mechanically inclined people? They may be able to suggest something else, or another garage, for cheaper...

Britni said...

Oh NO, honey!

Is there anyone that can lend you the money? Parents? Wonderful boyfriend Joe? I know it isn't ideal, but maybe they would be willing to help you out and set up a payment plan where you could pay them back little by little as you can afford it.

Karl said...

Good Afternoon April,

I came by way of your well put comment at sage's.

You may want to look into a used engine from a junk yard. Ask your Mechanic you may find it a less expensive way out.

Southern Sage said...

Karl has a good idea.
Also Parker engines are rebuilt and often are about 1/2 price of a new new engine.
You should be able to get $ from whoever u owe money for the car to, their other option is them getting back a car that has a blown motor.

Good Luck sexy.