Thursday, October 30, 2008

Whirlwind

I will be moving in with my wonderful boyfriend, Joe, tomorrow. We had already decided that I would move in after this school year was over so I didn't have to switch schools for Ethan. However, with my roommate telling me that he's 3 months behind on his mortgage payments and that come January the house will more than likely be foreclosed on, and my car engine taking a dump on me, he thought that it would be best if we didn't wait until June for me to move in.

I know that it's sooner than anticipated, but I have no doubts that it will be a great thing. When he asked me to move in sooner, I asked him if he was sure that this is what he wanted. I told him that I want to move in because he wants us there and not because he loves me and feels the need to help me. I'm a big girl and I've been through an awful lot in my 30 years of living. Somehow, I always get through it, just like I'll get through this. He told me that he loves me and Ethan more than he's ever loved anyone before in his life. He said that the only thing keeping him from asking me to move in sooner was the fact that I didn't want to switch Ethan to a different school. He is ready and excited about starting a wonderful new journey with me. He's happy that he's finally reached this point in his life where he knows that he wants to share it with someone else, and that someone else is ME!! And that is a satisfactory answer for me because honestly? I feel the same way.

We both know that it's not always going to be easy and this is really going to be a big adjustment for him. He's never really lived with a woman or a child before. But I'm confident that everything will work out just fine.

One of the biggest things that I love about Joe is that he's been the same person since the first night we met. Most guys are all nice as can be, say things you want to hear, reel you in for a while, then BAM!!! They show their true color, brown, because they're pieces of shit! I honestly don't think that Joe knows how to be someone he's not. Which is a great quality in my book.

Of course Sammy's (the ex-husband for those who don't know) not happy about me moving in with Joe and switching Ethan's school. His response was, "Yeah, until you get sick of this one. Then you'll have to put Ethan in another school." My response was, "Just because I didn't settle for the first person that came along like you did, doesn't mean I'm going to get sick of this one. I'm sorry that you settled and probably aren't happy, but that's a decision that you made. Just like I decided to keep trying until I found one that truly makes me happy." He said, "Yeah, if that's what you want to tell yourself, then go ahead."

Oh well. Can't please everyone, right?

Hope everything is going well for y'all!

Deep Throat of the Day: I want to say THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH to those of you who helped me out and sent me kind words. You guys really are the best bunch of people in the WORLD!

6 comments:

JJ said...

Congrats! I think it's great news. Seems like you are truly happy.

The Lily said...

"Just because I didn't settle for the first person that came along like you did, doesn't mean I'm going to get sick of this one. I'm sorry that you settled and probably aren't happy, but that's a decision that you made. Just like I decided to keep trying until I found one that truly makes me happy."

ZING!! Awesome. I thought sammy had turned over a new leaf? Can't he just be happy for you?

Jennybean said...

Best wishes for the move... unpacking sucks!

Randi said...

Congratulations, sister girl. Never settle. The good guys are out there. I know I found mine.
Good luck and Happy Halloween!

Kira said...

The family is always a great place to get info if they're willing, so asking about SAD was a great idea ;) I did the same thing with Alex--asked his family about him when I was dating him. His mother had to think long and hard, and she finally said, "Well, sometimes he leaves his socks in the living room!" I thought I could deal with that one. And his brother shrugged and said, "Alex's only problem is that sometimes, he's too nice." Shoot, I can cope with that as well...haha!

It sounds like it's a good situation for both of you! Let us know how Ethan likes his new school, too. I bet he'll make new friends really fast!

Anonymous said...

GIRL....i just found you on here and i gotta say...you are one Funny mutha fucking bitch...HA :)

I love the way you talk/type...reminds me of ME!

Chow
-Gary