Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I doubt you'll like it.

After spending a short time deliberating on which movie to see, Joe and I agreed to see Valkyrie the other night. I find it impossible to go to the movies without spending my paycheck on a bag of popcorn, even though we had just feasted on the goodness known as Outback. After waiting in line to get my bag of clogged arteries, we made it through the doors just in time to make the previews. Only one problem. The joint was FULL! We stood at the bottom of the stairs looking among the crowd of people trying to find 2 available seats. Joe thought he spotted some and started up the narrow steps as I followed behind with my 5 million calories in arm. I'm looking down and up and down and up trying to make sure I don't miss the awkwardly placed steps and watching Joe. When all of the sudden my clumsy ass tripped going UP the steps!! My popcorn flew all over the place and I spilled our soda. At that exact point every single person in the place started laughing. Was it due to a funny trailer? I doubt it. It's just my luck. Not only that but I lost my shoe. Talk about being an embarrassed bitch.

I looked up and Joe was coming back down the steps and he helped me up. We walked outside and I told him what happened. We laughed. He said the only seats available were in the very front row. I don't know about you, but I cannot watch a movie from that close. It hurts my neck. So we decided to see Doubt.

Aside from the horrible accent that Streep was trying to convey, the acting was fantastic all around. However the movie was absolutely terrible. It was like when I lost my virginity; boring with no climax. You kept waiting for something to happen. That something NEVER happened. If you're lacking symbolism, this movie has enough to last you the rest of 2009. I'm sure it portrayed what the Catholic church was like in the 60's to a tee, but the movie as a whole was lackluster. I much rather would've broken my neck through Valkyrie.

Things are still wonderful on the home front. And I think we're pretty much tied with Kira and Alex for having the best relationship ever. We're approaching a year and I couldn't ask for things to be better. Is it unrealistic to hope it stays this way forever? I never want that spark in our eyes to go away. I want to continue to have the best weekends doing nothing special together. Is that possible?

Deep Throat of the Day: Toy reviews coming soon. Hold on to your chairs...this blog might just start being exciting!

10 comments:

Grant said...

I think the simple introduction of anal sex into your love life would be enough to surpass Kira and Alex.

Southern Sage said...

well I dunno about Kira or Alex but I'm tickled its all going good for y'all!!

Anonymous said...

Valkyrie is boring too -- Tom Cruise's version anyway. Very far from the real story he should be ban from acting. Period.

Maine said...

I am also anonymous. Very far from things Tom Cruise should be ban. Question mark.

And, am I crazy or isn't this blog already exciting? If it's boring, what the hell is it doing in my Google reader? I need to get my shit together...

Amanda said...

I want to know more about the reviewing. Do you get free merchandise?? How did you get to be a reviewer? Details!!

NWJR said...

Amanda sounds just a *little* too excited, don't you think?

I, for one, am still laughing at "boring with no climax".

Randi said...

I loved your review.
And I'm sorry to say it but I would have laughed at you too if I saw you fall.
xoxo

Kira said...

Well, that's what I like to hear! Another happy couple continuing to be happy :) No, it's not unrealistic to hope that it continues. Alex and I have been together for over five years now, and we still have a blast with life and each other. We recently read a study that said that it's possible for some couples who are married 20, 30, 40 yrs to still feel and act like they are just falling in love with each other. They did brain scans to show that their brain patterns resembled those who had just fallen in love with their other person. So, I told Alex that we had a new goal...haha! So far, it works. Life is bliss. I know you can keep it up too :)

Grant said...

Since I don't have your e-mail addy, here are your five meme interview questions.

1. If you could create one law to apply to all people everywhere, what would it be?

2. What is one bit of parenting advice you wish other parents would take?

3. Why are Asian women so hot? (please back up your answer with pictures)

4. Do you believe in angels? Corollary - if so, do you also believe in demons? How about zombies and ghouls and Eskimos and leprechauns?

5. What is your favorite word and why?

Leon Basin said...

Hey, how are you doing? Hope all is well.