Monday, February 02, 2009

I'm sorry, did you say something?

Last night Ethan and I had to run to the grocery store and were in a rush to get back to the house to watch the Super Bowl. After finally finding a parking spot, we rushed to the front door of Giant. Ethan was wearing those god awful Heeleys that his dad bought him for Christmas and was skating his way toward the door. There was an elderly, VERY SLOW, woman with a cane walking in through the single entrance door and Ethan almost skated his little ass right into her. I had already told him to be careful when using those damn shoes (which are going in the trash), so I grabbed his hand and made an annoyed face at him for almost running into her.

Right at that time another lady walked by with her cart and said, "You shouldn't make those faces, you might get like that some day!" I looked over at her and said, "Excuse me. Were you talking to me?" She said, "I saw the face you made at that lady because she was walking so slowly and your son saw that face too. You're not teaching him anything good by making faces like that. You could be handicapped one day." I got really close to her because at this point I was VERY upset at what she said, and I said, "Ma'am, I have an artificial leg so I AM technically handicapped. And if you MUST know, I made the face I did because my son is wearing these horrible shoes and he almost ran into that elderly lady. So I suggest you keep your mouth shut and not be so quick to judge someone next time." She said, "OH BLESS YOUR HEART!" Then gave me a big hug. I hugged her back and went into the store.

Ethan was like, "What was that about?" I explained it to him and he just didn't understand why that lady even said anything. Some people are just like that. I understand she misinterpreted my facial expression, but she really shouldn't have said anything.

Speaking of the Super Bowl...can you say snooze fest until like the last 5 minutes of the game. I was hoping that the Cardinals would win because it's a great Cinderella story, but they didn't play like they wanted it until the end of the game. They pissed me off. And the officials piss me off too. I swear they jerk off to Roethlisberger posters. Not saying that the Cardinals should've won, just that this is the 2nd Super Bowl I've seen in recent years where there was blatantly bad calls made in favor of the Steelers. And that's all I've got to say about that.

Deep Throat of the Day: Incognito kick-ass, one-legged, ninja bitch!

6 comments:

Britni said...

I HATE when people speak up when it's none of their damn business. And I ALWAYS turn around and say, "ExCUSE me?" because I don't know how to keep my damn mouth shut.

Southern Sage said...

Lol

the deep throat of the day always tickles me

folks should mind their own biz though!!

Randi said...

I love proving people wrong. It's incredible.

Kira said...

I'm all for you throwing those shoes in the trash. Every time I see a kid using Heeleys, I have the urge to stick my leg out and trip him or her. Whoever invented them should be shot.

NWJR said...

I don't normally say too much when I'm out and about, because there's already enough nastiness in the world. But I made an exception a while back.

We were going into a store, and my son jumped ahead of us to open the door of the store. A woman happened to be leaving at the same time, and he obviously didn't see her...he opened the door full (and nearly hit her), while she scowled at him and made some comment half under her breath.

Again, normally I wouldn't say anything; I could understand why she might have been upset. But, feeling bad that she almost got unintentionally plowed over, I tried to explain what had happened and apologize.

The witch ignored me. Then she scoffed and walked away. That's when I lost complete control, and started yelling at her. It wasn't pretty. But the nasty old crow deserved it.

Grant said...

I love people who are so polite that they feel the need to publicly correct the behavior of strangers.