Thursday, February 19, 2009

Keep on sending the luck

Last night (at 10:00 p.m.) my phone rang. Guess who it was? No, it wasn't Obama informing me that they've included one billion in the bailout package just for me. It was the doctor I had the phone interview with!! That's right bitches! He called me to let me know that he'd like to take the next step and do a face to face interview. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! I've got until either Sunday or Monday to prepare for it. He's going to email me and let me know exactly which day works best for him. Oh my god I'm so stoked!

I called the head hunter to let him know that we've scheduled a face to face and I asked him if he'd spoken with the doctor. He told me that the doctor left him a message and stated that he felt the interview went well, he was very pleased with me and that he was going to schedule a 2nd interview.

I can do this! I know I can. I want this job so bad because I know I can make a difference in his office and turn it into what he wants it to be. I am just going to be myself, convey my excitement about this opportunity to work in his office, and not use the words fuck, shit, bitch, ass, cocksucker, Jesus Christ, or any other profanities.

So keep on doing whatever it is you're doing to send me some good luck, because it's working! You guys are the best.

Deep Throat of the Day: If all else fails I'll show him the fake leg and make him feel bad for me. Oh yeah, I play dirty.

7 comments:

NWJR said...

Woo Hoo!

I read the first paragraph on my newsreader, and as I clicked over to the site to read the rest, I thought, "I'll have to suggest she show him the fake leg if she wants to play the pity card..."

You're always one step ahead, April.

Good luck to you!

Julie said...

I'm a lurker but have to say that was funny. I'm hearing impaired and I totally use it when I get pulled over for speeding. Doesn't always work though.....

Good Luck!

Amanda said...

That's great! I'm so happy for you!! Good luck!

Southern Sage said...

hehe
atta girl. I talked with him earlier and I think I got the gig for you.
ha!

It would be discrimination for him not to hire you because you have a prosthetic limb......... just sayin.

Good JuJu sexy!

Linda said...

I have been reading your blog for about a year and really enjoy it. I am so glad that the problems at Ethan's school are better.

I am sending luck your way for the new job. Sounds like you got it to me.

Linda

Kira said...

Go April! This sounds like a good match, so I'm hoping it'll all work out. I think you got your bad luck out of the way recently, so you are due some good luck. That's the way it's supposed to work.

Dark Damian said...

You know my fingers are crossed, Ape. You better let a brotha know somethin' when it happens. Just sayin'.

And I'd totally use the leg. Maybe keep a hanky inside, and then pop that leg off and dab your eyes with the hanky. That's compelling.