Friday, February 13, 2009

They say it's your birthday

Thank you SO MUCH to everyone who's wished me a happy birthday! I'm officially in my 30's now. I was content with being in my 20's, but life's natural progression hates us all!

I did a horrible thing as a girlfriend yesterday. No, I didn't cheat or have group sex or anything like that. Instead I was a selfish brat who threw a fit because she didn't get her way. Joe went to North Carolina on Wednesday night to do some work. The plan was that he would get to the office he was working at around 9:00 a.m. Thursday morning then work for about 2 hours and head home. Well his 2 hours turned into 9 hours because that's how shit goes down in IT work sometimes. Then he said he was too tired to drive home. Was I the loving, understanding girlfriend that I usually am? Hell no. Someone possessed me and she wasn't very nice. She was mean and nasty because she was so selfish that all she could think about was how much she missed him and that she REALLY wanted to wake up next to the most wonderful man in the world on her birthday. Because he's the most wonderful man in the world, he drove home all jacked up on coffee and Red Bull and made it into bed with her by 3:00 a.m. She felt like a horrible, childish, selfish bitch and very undeserving of the wonderful man. She begged him for forgiveness and like a wonderful man, he forgave her.

He gave me a pair of slippers for my birthday because I'm always stealing his left slipper. Unfortunately they wouldn't let him only buy one. So I have an extra right slipper if anyone needs one. THEN he sent me a beautiful bouquet of flowers with a balloon to work. More is planned for tonight but it's a secret......

In other news, I'm trying not to stress the fuck out. I wrote about this position I want with another Chiropractor. The head hunter told him about me and he was really excited about me. Then he asked which Chiropractor I currently work for and they told him. Turns out this guy and my boss are buddies. Then he asked if I've told my boss that I'm looking for another job, which I haven't. I was waiting until I definitely had something lined up because I don't want to be out of a job. Well, he told them that he didn't want to talk to me until I told my boss that I was leaving because he didn't want to do anything behind his back AND he wants to talk to my boss for a reference.

So last night I sat my boss down and I told him the situation. I think it went well but me being the worry wart that I am, I'm stressing about every single little thing I've done wrong over the past 2.5 years (not like it's a lot, but still) and I'm worried that I won't get this job. I'm even more worried that I won't have something lined up when he finds a replacement for me at my current job. And, the company that's done the background/credit check on me hasn't contacted me yet either. So, I'm losing my fucking hair over the whole thing and I need to stop because it's my birthday. But I feel like I was forced into telling my boss prematurely and put into a situation where I have to gamble with my livelihood. I can't afford to go without work. UGH!

Anyway, I hope you guys have a wonderful Valentine's Day! Thanks again for your birthday wishes!

Deep Throat of the Day: I really need some good luck thrown my way...if ya got any to spare, I'll take it!

10 comments:

Kira said...

I am just as bad as you. Every weekend, Alex could leave on Sunday night and then get a good night's sleep before he went to work. But no--I want him here, so he wakes up at 4a to drive up to Rock Hill for work. Last Mon am, he fell asleep at the wheel and hit a shrub :( He's ok and the car's ok, but I felt like crap because, well, I'm the one who wants to keep him for part of the night...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like it's going well so far, except for the nervous free-fall you'll be doing with the job. It's got to work out all right, though. I think you've pretty much used up your bad luck in the last couple of months. The only thing left in the box is good luck.

Britni said...

I've already said it twice, but I'll say it again: Happy birthday, love!

And we all get cranky and selfish every now and then. We just can't help it.

Jason said...

Happy birthday!

Odd coincidence: one of my best friends turned 30 today as well.

Grant said...

Happy Birfday. Here is the e-card I would have sent you if I didn't lose your e-mail address.

Hubman said...

Happy Birthday! (sent your way by Sage..)

And what's so bad about group sex? *tilting head quizzically*

~*Jobthingy*~ said...

Happy Birthday from another Sage Girl :)

NWJR said...

"More is planned for tonight but it's a secret......"

April, are you forgetting why we read this blog? :-)

Happy birthday. And yeah, Joe sounds like a very good catch.

J R Estelle said...

Happy Birthday to you! And the job thing, I told my boss I was looking for another job (of course I'm on contract and my new job will be in Florida), but my boss has always been very honest with me and my team and encouraged me to go if I get it! I hope you get the job that's best for you and Happy Valentine's Day!

Jim McKee said...

Happy (belated) birthday!

And, if you lose your hair, just have Joe buy you a wig!!

Mariposa said...

I'm late...

but, still,

wish you good health, best of everything!

Happy (belated) birthday to you!