Friday, March 06, 2009

Decisions,decisions....

Yesterday was a very disturbing day for me. My boss called me into his office and told me that he hired one of the people he interviewed and she'll be starting on 3/23/09. He then told me that my last day there is 3/20/09....meaning, whether I have another job or not, my last day of employment with him is the 20th. I was very upset because this is the exact reason why I didn't want to tell him that I was looking for another job. However, I had to risk this happening just to get an interview with the job I didn't get. I told my boss how upset I was and this is why I approached him the way I did. I told him that I expressed many times that I wasn't going to screw him over and I hoped that he wouldn't screw me over either. That's what I get for hoping.

He did, however, send out an email to all of the Chiropractors in the vicinity of where I was looking for a new job. The email explained that I was looking for another job closer to home, all of my duties and what a wonderful employee I am. I ended up getting 2 interviews from that.

All together today I had 3 interviews. Out of those 3 interviews, I got 3 job offers!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! One place is completely out of the question. The place looked like a dump and the Chiropractor was.....I don't know. I'm having a hard time trying to explain how he was. He was short with hair plugs and boasted to me about his evening out with several Ambassadors. His office needed way too much work for the money he wanted to pay me.

The other job is with a company that has serious potential for upward mobility, offered the most money, but is the furthest away. I would have my own office for the first time ever but I'd have very little contact with people throughout the day, except for on the phone. There's a very good chance that in a few months to a year I'd be promoted to management. Their benefits are great and the company does a lot with the community.

And the last job is with a Chiropractor right around the corner from my house, has flexible hours, only offered me $1 more than I'm making now, but it will offer the same type of environment I work in now. This guy just fucking loved me. Seriously. He saw the email my boss posted about me and immediately knew that he had to have me. So bad that he just about offered me the job on the phone yesterday. AND I'll be replacing a person who's been working for him for 10 years! He said that I'm what he needs to elevate his practice to the level he wants it at. I'm going by his office tomorrow at 11:30 to take a tour and meet his wife.

So, I went from being all upset to happy as shit! If shit could be happy, that is. I've got 2 really good offers and 1 big decision to make.......

Deep Throat of the Day: I know he noticed me staring at his damn hair plugs.

6 comments:

Suzzz said...

Congratulations! It's not shamefull or tactless to counter offer Chiropracter number #3 for more money. See if he'll go for another $1 an hour! If he loves you as much as you think he does, he's bound to accept or maybe 1/2 it. It can't hurt, and if he says no to your counter offer you can still accept his position. He might just appreciate your aggresiveness and attempts at trying to get yourself a better deal!

Britni said...

Ooooh congrats!! So exciting! Good luck making your choice!

Southern Sage said...

Woot Woot!
awesome
congrats!

Grant said...

Either one beats unemployment.

The Soviet said...

yay for cool opportunities! except for hair plugs. no bueno!

J R Estelle said...

I'd take the one that offered the most money but that's just me.