Thursday, March 12, 2009

Not my usual

Ok, so I don't normally talk politics here for several reasons. But for the past year I've been listening to Joe talk about politics just about every single day. He has a very strong passion for it and is by far the smartest man I know when it comes to politics, history and the history of politics. Seriously, he KNOWS his shit. It amazes me that he can tell you names, dates, reasons, documents, the who, what, why, when and where of history and politics since before our country was even a country. He's amazing.

Anyway, I'm a registered Democrat and that's the way I voted this year. However, my views are more in the middle rather than to the left or right. This year, the best candidate to me was Obama. There were some issues I just didn't agree with when it came to McCain/Palin. But I don't want to get into that right now. What I'm trying to get out is that I'm really starting to feel like a fool. Not only that, but there's a lot of things in this bailout that are a big crock of shit.

I feel like a fool because Obama lied and I believed him. He said that he would post non-emergency legislation online for five days before signing it. This way the American people could have time to look at and comment on it. This did not happen with the current gazillion dollar bailout. Why? The way around that was declaring it an "emergency." Um, ok. There was nothing in there that couldn't have waited 5 whole days before it was signed. This economy has been in it's state for how long now? Another 5 days wouldn't have hurt anything. But really, even if they posted it for that long, there was so much to read. Joe and I looked at a few of the things and let me tell you, ridiculous. I was like, "What the fuck is this?" I feel like they didn't want the American people to read it because then we'd see how much of our money is going toward shit.

He lied when he said that there would be NO EARMARKS IN THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION. He said that and I heard him. Everybody who followed the debates heard him. Yet he just signed a bill with 9000 of them. Obama said, "I am signing an imperfect ... bill because it's necessary for the ongoing functions of government, and we have a lot more work to do. We can't have Congress bogged down at this critical juncture in our economic recovery." *IF* it is necessary for the ongoing functions of government, that's fine, but SHOW ME! Show US, the Americans who voted for you and BELIEVED you when you said that it's time for accountability and responsibility from our government. And BELIEVED you when you said that everything will be laid out for us to see exactly where you're spending OUR money!

And what's pissed me off the most so far is the modified mortgage plan for people who bought houses they couldn't afford. Have you heard what's going to happen with this? Basically they're going to make lenders decrease mortgage payments to 38% of the borrowers gross income. Then decrease it an additional 7%, which the government will pay to the lender. So the borrower is going to have mortgage payment of 31% of their gross income. Then, here's the part that pisses me off the most, the borrower will get $1000 for every year that they're good on their mortgage. And the lender will get $1500 every year too. What? Are you kidding me? We're going to spend tax dollars to reward people for DOING WHAT THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO DO?? My coworker said, "It's an incentive." NO the incentive is that YOU GET TO KEEP YOUR FUCKING HOUSE!!!!!!! They should be grateful and thanking their lucky stars that they're going to keep a house they never should've gotten to begin with. Incentive my ass.

This is how fucking mortgages work! You get them and you're SUPPOSED TO PAY THEM BACK! If you don't pay it back, your house gets foreclosed on and you lose it. It's not my, or anyone else, responsibility to pay 4 million mortgages for other people let alone throw them an extra grand every year for making the payments like they were supposed to in the first place.

Why aren't we going to reward everyone else in this country who hasn't defaulted on their mortgage and doesn't need help from the government because they were paying back their mortgage like they should've been?

I don't hate Obama and I don't think that everything he's done is bad. I just wish all of this rushing of billions of dollars out the door before anyone can blink would stop. I wish he would be honest and stick to his campaign promises. I know, I know, he's a politician. But he's our PRESIDENT and he can really fuck some shit up! And I want him to stop making us all (who voted for him) look like fools for believing that he was actually going to do the things he promised.

Deep Throat of the Day: Sage and Joe are going to be smiling when they read this, I know it!

8 comments:

R said...

I really HOPE Obama hasn't spent my CHANGE.

:-)

Note new blog. Follow the "R".

Jim McKee said...

The thing that got people to vote for Obama was that he was supposedly "different". So far, all we've seen is more of the same.

I voted for McCain, but I'm not saying he would've been that much better. I haven't really been thrilled with the available choices for Prez since the last time Reagan ran.

Hapi said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

File said...

Download Forum Poster V3 3.0 at FileAfro.com

http://www.fileafro.com/view_forum-poster-v3-30.html

Keyword said...

hello... you may submit this blog to my webBlog Directory, keyworddir.info.. have a nice day!

Keyword Directory

natasha said...

Watch Natsha Naked!

Stacy Rivas said...

Delurking to comment on this. I live in California, where we paid 2x's what our house was worth (we really had no choice, it was 5 years ago in the midst of the boom). This was our second home, we upgraded as we had our second daughter and needed more room. I got laid off for 6 months, husband is working but just not enough to make ends meet for 6 months of my lost income. Long story short we lost our house, are now living in a 950 sq foot home with 2 kids (4 and 2), no help from Obama, no one. Our mortgage company would not even help. So, before you judge you might want to realize whom you are writing about, we are real people, with real issues, and real dilemmas. Not just ink on a page.

OH, and we had (have as they still have not foreclosed but I will NOT live for free) a 30 year fixed mortgage.

April said...

Stacy: I'm very sorry that you were laid off and consequently it affected your living situation. And I will definitely say a prayer for you and your family.

You also should know that you (and others like you) are not who I was talking about. The people I was speaking of are the people that got the mortgages which had a low payment for the first 3-5 years with a substantial payment increase after that. Those are not 30 year fixed mortgages. You knew what your payment was and at the time you got your loan, you knew you could afford it. Unfortunate things happened which caused you not to be able to afford your home. The same thing happened with me and an old car of mine. I could afford it when I bought it. I knew how much the payments would be every month, and I could handle them. I got into a car accident and was unable to work for 3 months causing me to get behind on my car payments. Car got repossessed.

Anyway, the point I was making was that a lot of people took these mortgages because the Clinton administration made lenders give mortgages to people who couldn't afford them. These people knew what their payments would increase to and when it would happen. But really, if you had read my post, you would've known that what I was really getting at is that we should NOT be giving people $1000 per year just for making good on their mortgage payments.

Maybe because you're in the situation that you're in, you read what I wrote and took it offensively? Either way, I'm sorry to offend you. Good luck to you and your family.