Monday, June 01, 2009

Buttery nipples, sunburns, and massages

I had a very relaxing, fun-filled weekend. Friday after work I went and got my hur did. Below is the new do. (please note my wonderful photo editing)

After I left the salon, I met up with a co-worker and her family to celebrate her daughter's birthday. We went out for crabs and then out drinking & dancing. I realized when I was at the club, that this really just isn't as fun as it used to be. Prior to going out, I was all excited remembering how much fun I used to have when I'd go out and shake it like a salt shaker. I know I'm not 21 anymore, but I don't belong in the damn geriatric ward either. I figured I could go out and still have fun in that kind of setting. I was wrong. The place was filled with douche bag guys and girls that were like totally like dressed in cute like little flip flops and like shorts with like a tank top. Ok, so not all girls were dressed like that, but a good majority of them were. And yes, they ALL talked in "like language."

I'm sure it's OK to wear flip flops, shorts and a tank top to a bar, if you're on a beach. But in the middle of DC, in a crowded ass club, you're pretty little pedicured toes are bound to get stepped on. Not only that, but if you're going to go out to a club, why do you want to look like you're taking a trip to Wal Mart?

Saturday I got sunburned at Ethan's baseball game, which they won! YAY! And spent the rest of the day doing nothing, sitting around the house, while Ethan was hanging out with one of his baseball friends.

Sunday I cashed in my Mother's Day gift from Joe: A massage, facial, manicure, and make up refresher at the Elizabeth Arden Day Spa. I spent 3 hours getting pampered, and it was amazing!

How was your weekend?

Deep Throat of the Day: No I won't go out with you, even if I didn't have a boyfriend. Douche baggery at it's finest.

9 comments:

The Lily said...

Now you know why I love Red Door, it rocks! Happy Mother's Day!

Randi said...

Buzz and I realized we're definitely getting older when we were watching the MTV Movie Awards last night. Twilight swept it. Yeah...

Macca said...

Nice doo!

Southern Sage said...

Love the new do!
Looking good damn good! You can't fault the guys, douche bags or otherwise for hitting you up!

Any good lines?

Grant said...

Hair looks great, but you would have drawn more attention if you had worn flip-flops as well.

R said...

This post has it all! Crack, crabs, cute shorts, tank tops, "crowded ass", massage, and a picture of a hot chick.

THIS, my friend, is what the web was made for! Keep up the good work.

:-)

R said...

...oh, and buttery nipples. There's just no way it can be a bad blog post if it includes the phrase "buttery nipples".

Anonymous said...

I've been reading this blog for a long time...and I had no idea how damn cute you are!

Another Suburban Mom said...

Your hair looks awesome. Now why can't I follow you!