Thursday, September 24, 2009

DO IT!

Last night while standing in line at the grocery store, I read the cover of one of those sleazy celebrity magazines. From that link you can see there's a picture of Jon Gosselin from "Jon and Kate Plus 8" on one half of the cover and the Nanny he supposedly had an affair with on the other half. In bold print was written, "NANNY ADMITS AFFAIR WITH JON. HE'S WORSE THAN YOU THINK:" Underneath that the first bulletin point says, "THEY HAD SEX WHILE THE KIDS WERE SLEEPING."

And?

Is having sex while the kids are sleeping a bad thing? Apparently so according to this magazine. I don't get it. If you can't have sex while the kids are sleeping, then when CAN you have sex? When they're awake? When they're at school? Outside playing? At the sitters? In the bathtub? Eating dinner? I mean really, as a parent, I looked forward to Ethan's sleepy time so I could get my groove on. But I guess I'm worse than you think, too.

It's a sad, sad world when the biggest news is some reality t.v. star's sex life. Never mind the economy or healthcare. No, no. Wannabe celebrities are fucking while their kids are sleeping!! STOP THE PRESS!

Deep Throat of the Day: My Pure Wand came in just in time for Aunt Flo. DAMMIT!

10 comments:

Grant said...

You should write an editorial to that magazine asking if they think it would be better if he had the affair right in front of the children. Sex ed! "Penis goes here."

Jim McKee said...

I take it she's not a very understanding aunt.

(smirk)

Southern Sage said...

hmmmm
everyone doesn't wake up the kids prior to having sex?

the eternal list said...

i'd actually like to work for one of those gossip rags, seriously, it must be a challenge everyday to inflate nothing stories with flowery, dooming language

Britni TheVadgeWig said...

When I saw that you had won the Pure Wand, I squeed for you! I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU.

I have officially learned to squirt cups and cups of fluid with mine. It's teh awesome.

Andrea said...

I suspect it's only a big deal that they had sex while the kids were sleeping because it was an affair and the kids could have woke up and found them. I believe that's what the issue is. That is was Nanny having sex with Dad instead of Mom...

April said...

Andrea: The thing is that he wasn't still living with Kate when his "affair" with the Nanny happened. It was after they were separated. So then I suppose it doesn't really constitute and affair and he can certainly have sex with whomever he likes, right? Not that I care about their whole debacle, I'm just saying that having sex while kids are sleeping is not a big deal. Even 2 parents risk getting caught when they have sex while the kids are sleeping.

hotdrwife said...

April - Great minds think alike! I saw that same magazine today. WTF? What's the alternative? When they are in the room, watching TV?

Andrea said...

Oh, yeah, I'm not saying people can't have sex just because kids are in the house/sleeping. I was just thinking that if it was while they were still together, that would be the only issue I could see. That's all.

April said...

Andrea: I'm sorry if my comment seemed bitchy. I re-read it after your comment and I thought to myself, "Damn, that sounded bitchy!" I didn't mean to. I left out in my post that Jon and Kate weren't together at the time. I'm sorry I worded my stuff poorly and I'm sorry if I sounded bitchy towards you, I seriously didn't mean to. I heart you!