Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Update

I went to see a doctor yesterday for the horrible headaches I mentioned below. It was somewhat surreal, telling the nurse practitioner and the medical student about these headaches I have during orgasms. I felt like I was in a funny episode of House. When Cutty makes him do rounds in the ER and he walks into the room to find a girl complaining of headaches when she orgasms. Yeah, that was me.

The exam was normal, which I suppose is good. They didn't see any tumors through my eyeballs and everything else was within normal limits. So, they want me to have an MRI and an MRA after they get the results from my blood work back. She said that she doubts it a hemorrhage because I'd have other symptoms when I wasn't having orgasms. But, it very well could be an aneurysm. A FUCKING ANEURYSM. If you don't know what an aneurysm is, check it out here. If you didn't go to that link, just know that it's an expanded portion of an artery that's just waiting to blow the fuck up which can cause some serious problems, including DEATH! If that's not serious, then I don't know what is.

I want to thank everyone for sending me love and especially to Sage for wishing me luck on his blog and sending people my way to wish me extra luck.

So, I suppose it's a waiting game. I'm trying not to stress the fuck out because when things happen to me, they don't just happen in a small way. No, things happen in the biggest way possible. I get into a car accident, break some bones, and LOSE MY LEG! See, that's big. Most people just wear a cast until it heals. Not me. Of course not me.

Anyway, I hope everyone is having a wonderful week!

Update: Blood work came back and all is well. MRI and MRA scheduled for today at 12:15. Yay.

Deep Throat of the Day: Fucking aneurysm.

11 comments:

Grant said...

You mean I may actually be healthier than you now, even at your young age? Ha ha on you, sucker.

Sorry, I'm not very good at the whole sympathy thing, but I sincerely hope you don't die unless you've left me a lot of money in your will, in which case can I have a lock of your hair for my Voodou doll, erm, keepsake chest?

Southern Sage said...

Sweet @ results!!!

The problem with them all coming back ok is that they can't treat it!

Let us know how the other tests turn out!

Britni TheVadgeWig said...

I love you, lady, and am sending many positive thoughts your way. <3

Andrea said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for "not an aneurysm" and instead hope for something easily rectified.

R said...

I probably shouldn't laugh, but all I can see is this as a complete "House" episode.

Hope they figure it out. And I also hope you'll forgive my chuckles.

R said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elle said...

Girl. See if they will give you a referral to do an ultrasound of your carotid arteries in your neck.

Trust me.

This is what I do for a living.

Love you!!!

Welcome to Chicago, Jillinois said...

Agree with Elle... have them check for clots in your carotids and legs, and ask for a "bubble test" (they give you an IV of carbonated water and do an echocardiogram to see if there might be a hole in your heart). Ask if it might be a "PFO" (type of hole you're born with in your heart) which has been linked to migraines and only shows up when you're older. Seriously. It's actually quite common.

The Lily said...

well dang. I guess I can't use my funny aneurysm quote anymore. ;)

Fingers crossed!

f1trey said...

hang tough ....glad the results were not bad...headaches during orgasm...my bet is vasovagal response to a good time...

Dewey's System said...

I hope it's all negative, but that you at least find a cure for this. I can't even imagine what that's like. It would be a reason I imagine to not want to orgasm, but damn can't imagine not wanting to. Wow!! Let us know.