Monday, November 23, 2009

Mazel Tov!!!!

I went to my first Jewish wedding yesterday. And let me tell you, it was a BLAST!! The ceremony was short and sweet. The Rabbi made jokes that were actually funny and sang in Hebrew. I even got my very own yarmulke with the bride and groom's names printed on it.

There were plenty of free drinks (yay for mimosa's) and great food. The ceremony and reception were held in a very nice country club. Decorations were classy and the bride and groom looked very happy the whole time. The D.J. was awesome and brought along an announcer who made sure everyone was on the dance floor, having fun. There were so many photographers and videographers that it felt like a television production. And I got to say MAZEL TOV for the first time with meaning!!

The best part of the whole thing? When the bride had the Washington Capitals mascot, Slap Shot, walk her down the aisle.

There's only 2 negative things that I have to say. The first is that I was drinking drunk in the middle of the day (YAY for mimosas). Second, the wedding took place on a Sunday....during football season! I would never do that to anyone, because we all know that Sunday's are for football. =)

Deep Throat of the Day: Joe and I are thinking about converting to Judaism just to have that Rabbi marry us. He was the shit!

7 comments:

~Kenny said...

Now you got me singing a round of Hava Nagila

Southern Sage said...

LOL@ the deep throat!
ha

Grant said...

Best reason I've heard to convert. I say go for it.

Dewey's System said...

Drinking in the middle of the day is negative? You prefer to drink closer to night?

It sounds like a blast, the whole party and all, and the mascot down the aisle was totally original. A+ for original. I'm gonna tell my girls to start saving up for their favorite mascot.

April said...

Kenny: I've been singing it all day!

Sage & Grant: We both said to each other at the same time, "I want a Jewish wedding." It was pretty damn funny.

Dewey: Maybe I should've said it was a negative that I was DRUNK in the middle of the day. It ruined the whole rest of the day for me because I was useless. If I drink at night, then I can be useless while sleeping through the night like I normally would.

R said...

I'm not sure I'm comfortable reading the words "coochie doctor", "stirrups" and "cucumber" in the same sentence.

Happy New Year, April. Hope it's a great one.

R said...

Correction: Paragraph. Not sentence. Sorry