Thursday, November 19, 2009

Still my Boogie Woogie

Last week Ethan brought a paper home from school, inviting parents to eat a Thanksgiving lunch with their kids. I asked Ethan if he wanted me to go, since he's getting to that age when having your parents around isn't cool. He said, "That's OK, Mom. You don't have to." Which REALLY means, "Um, HELL NO! I don't want my mom all up in my shit, cramping my style."

Fast forward to today. At approximately 10:55 this morning, Ethan called me at work. Immediately bad thoughts went through my mind because it's never good when you get a phone call from the school.

Me: "Hello?"
Ethan: "Hey Mommy."
Me: "Hey Bud, is everything OK?"
Ethan: "Yeah, don't worry. Today is the Thanksgiving lunch. Are you going to come?"
Me: "I thought you didn't want me to?"
Ethan: "Well you can come if you want."
Me: "I'm only going to come if you want me there."
Ethan: "I'd like it if you did."

AWWWWWWWWW. Make my heart melt! My boy still wants his Mommy to have lunch with him. He just made my whole week and he doesn't even know it! I even got a hug and kiss on the cheek!!!! I'm the luckiest woman in the world!!!

Deep Throat of the Day: Momma's don't let your babies grow up to be assholes.

7 comments:

Jim McKee said...

But cowboys are OK, right?

Randi said...

That is truly the sweetness.

Southern Sage said...

I cried a lil bit reading that.

Hubman said...

That Ethan sure seems like a good kid! Glad you had a nice lunch with him

R said...

I miss those days.

hotdrwife said...

I'm doin' my best not to let me baby grow up to be an asshole - I swear!! :)

xo

~Kenny said...

I never want them to grow up..but they do :-(