Thursday, February 11, 2010

I'm back......

Sorry for my writing hiatus. Between things going on in my personal life and my general lack of writing material, I've obviously not written anything in a while. If it wasn't for Hubman's birthday last month, I wouldn't have written anything in like forever.

So, what's new with me? Hmmm, well, the first thing is that I quit smoking. Well, maybe I should say that I've replaced smoking traditional cigarettes with electronic cigarettes. Electronic cigarettes give me the nicotine that I crave and love so much without the over 4,000 chemicals and tar found in traditional cigarettes. There's no second hand smoke, only a water vapor emitted into the air. No nasty carcinogenic smoke filling my lungs. No nasty smell. No teeth yellowing. No anything yucky and bad. Sure, nicotine has a few negatives but nothing that causes cancer or makes me stink.

I had a love/hate relationship with cigarettes. I loved the satisfaction I received from smoking them. However I hated stinking and going outside in the rain/freezing cold/bad weather in general. I hated the negative impact it had on my health. I hated feeling embarrassed that I was a smoker and often hid it from people who I knew wouldn't approve. But most of all I hated that my son knew I was a smoker. Now, I can keep the love portion and discard the hate. The electronic cigarette has officially helped me quit smoking! WOO HOO!

Also, this past Monday (2/8/10) was officially 8 years since I had my foot cut off. Let's all bow our heads for a moment of silence and pray that my foot is up in amputated limb heaven, kicking ass and taking names. ................................................................................................................................................Amen.

What else?? OH, Saturday (2/13/10) is my BIRTHDAY!!! I'll officially be 22+10. I don't know what Joe has planned for me, but I'm sure it'll be great because he's such a wonderful boyfriend (of almost of 2 years in March!).

We've also gotten an insane amount of snow this past week. It's ridiculous, really. I don't know how people in the far north deal with this shit on a daily basis. There's just SO MUCH of it. Mother nature is a fucking douche bag! Although she did help Ethan, the little entrepreneur that is he, go out and made $52 by shoveling our neighbors driveways.

Anyway, I'm back. I'll certainly be writing more frequently and visiting your blogs again. Please don't hate me because I've not forgotten about all of you. I just hope that you haven't forgotten about me.

I hope you're all (if you're still reading this) doing well!

Deep Throat of the Day: Snowed in = lots of sex. There is a positive to it I suppose.

6 comments:

Southern Sage said...

Well congrats on the smoking! You couldn't be the hottest 1 legged chick I know if it hadn't been for the amputation! Happy birthday, damn ur old.

Congrats on the sex, I reckon that means you overed the headaches associated with orgasms, or learned to deal with them.

Welcome back even though I had no clue you had been gone HEHE

startled said...

I know it is tough not smoking, I used nicotine gum to replace nicotine in cigarettes 4 months ago. Keep up the good work and you will feel a lot better soon.

Grant said...

The proper way to apologize for bloggy interuptus is with boobage. I'm sure Miss Manners will back me on this one.

f1trey said...

glad youre back...i wondered.......XXXX OOO

Hubman said...

Welcome back! And congratulations on quitting smoking, good for you!

22 + 10, huh?

April said...

Sage: Yeah, the orgasm headaches just went away on their own. Weird. I'm old? Look in the mirror there, buddy. Sheesh! hee hee.

Startled: Actually it wasn't hard to quit at all with the electronic cigarette. It gives me the satisfaction of inhaling and exhaling and holding something along with the nicotine. Thanks for the support and good luck to you, too.

Grant: Boobage, huh? You being a man who likes women who generally have no boobs, I wouldn't think that you cared for them much.

Trey: I contemplated quitting all together, but I decided not to, obviously.

Hubman: You were one of the people I hid smoking from since I knew how much you disliked it. I wanted a cigarette so badly after we ate dinner but I refrained. =) Yeah, 22+10. You're 25+15. See how that works?