Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A wittle sad

I felt a bit of tears welling up in my eyes when I heard the news this morning that Corey Haim died.

It's not like he's been relevant for the last 20 years or so, but oh man, was I SURE I was going to grow up and marry him. April Haim sounded so perfect to me back then. (So did April Slater and April Cruise, but Christian and Tom are still alive so there's still a possibility for them.) I had plastered my walls with posters of him. I even had one next to my bedroom door that I would kiss every time I left my room. I would buy every issue of Teen Bop and Teen Beat that had posters of him. I was able to look at him all day at school because I even had folders and notebooks with his sexy face on the covers. And true to school girl obsession, I had "I love Corey", "April Haim" and "Corey & April Forever" scribbled all over my school supplies.

He is the reason why, to this day, I have an appreciation for sexy lips.

Let's all give a moment of silence for another child star turned drug addict who died of an overdose. RIP Corey.

Amen.

2 comments:

Randi said...

Ha! You and I shared the Haim love. Niiiice.

Grant said...

W00t - I outlived yet another person!