Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 04

Thirty Days of Truth
Day 04: Something you have to forgive someone for.


I suppose I have to forgive my dad for everything he's done to me over the years. I thought that I have forgiven him, but really I haven't. I feel like I've just stopped letting it bother me as badly rather than truly forgiving him. I did tell him once, a long time ago, that I forgive him. But then he keeps doing more shit. Am I supposed to keep forgiving him? I mean, at what point do you just say, "I am no longer going to forgive you because you do not learn from your mistakes. You will continue to be this way because it is who you are. I have accepted that you are this way and will never change, but I choose not to have you in my life."? Oh fuck it, I don't HAVE to forgive him if I don't want to.

2 comments:

Joe Nobody said...

I enjoy your 30 days of truth and I may have to steal it.

Randi said...

That's right! You don't! I said over at HDW's that you only have so many cheeks to turn.