Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day 09

Thirty Days of Truth
Day 09: Someone you didn’t want to let go, but just drifted.


Kim. I met Kim after I moved to Virginia. I was having a really hard time making TRUE friends. I had made a ton of acquaintances, but no actual friends. Then one day I was babysitting for a friend of my sister-in-law (she was also an acquaintance of mine) and Kim came to pick up the baby. (She was dating the acquaintances brother.) I had never met her before, but it was like we'd known each other for years. We sat and talked for hours.

Our friendship grew very strong, very fast. In no time at all we were partners in crime! (Well not REALLY, but you know what I mean.)She had a son who was 2 years older than Ethan, which was awesome. We'd do a ton of things together with the kids.

Then we both got engaged. I was her MOH and she was mine. Things were great. Then she got pregnant. I don't know what happened, but everything seemed to change. We drifted apart during her pregnancy. I wish I could explain exactly what happened. On my end, it has nothing to do with her getting pregnant. I've maintained great friendships with women who've gotten pregnant. It was very weird. After she had the baby, our hanging out together was almost extinct.

She now lives in Florida and had another baby. We are friends on Facebook, but we rarely keep in contact. I fondly think about her often. I miss her bunches.

************************************************************

On a side note, I'll be leaving for Cancun today! WOO HOO!! I've set up these posts in advance, so if you comment and I don't respond, it's because I'm laying on the white, sandy beach in Mexico! Be jealous.

2 comments:

Jim said...

"Be jealous" . . . be very jealous, lol. Have a blast, travel safely, and we'll look forward to tons of stories and pics.

XO

Joe Nobody said...

I am jealous. Have a good time. Don't get abducted by drug dealers. ;-)