Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 14

Thirty Days of Truth
Day 14: A hero that has let you down.


Since I couldn't think of a close, personal hero to me that's let me down, I'm going to go with Brett Favre. Brett was golden in my eyes. He was amazing and the epitome of all that is good in Green Bay. Then the waffling started. For a couple of years, the entire off seasons were spent talking about whether or not he was going to retire. First he'd have this tear-jerking announcement that he was retiring, then he'd state he was coming back. Retiring, coming back. And so on. But even with the waffling, he was still a hero to me.

Then he waffled one too many times. Green Bay decided they were going to go with Aaron Rogers after Brett announced his retirement and decided he wanted to come back. No one will ever REALLY know what truly happened between Brett and Ted Thompson. Even then I didn't hate him.

He went to the Jets and I still cheered for him but the Packers still remained my team. Then he went to Minnesota. I was devastated. I know he ONLY went there to spite the Packers. I started to dislike him a little, but I still watched him play with a spot in my heart for him.

But now all of the voice messages and pictures of his penis he's sent to these women has really turned me away from him. It's a HUGE disappointment for me. He's shown his true colors and he's not a man I would ever consider a hero.

4 comments:

Grant said...

A sports star? How silly and superficial of you.

I was devastated when my childhood hero, Darth Vader, was eventually played by Hayden Christianson. Hayden's a good actor when he's not being directed by George Lucas, but to go from James Earl Jones / Dave Prowse to him is a serious blow to anyone who admired Vader.

Randi said...

I thought it was interesting in the President's State of the Union speech when he said (and I'm paraphrasing here) that children should find heroes not only in those who win the Super Bowl, but those who win the Science Fair...

Joe Nobody said...

I agree with you about Favre. I would bet most pro athletes are like that. They have had women throw themselves at them their whole life.

Anonymous said...

why does sending penis pics disqualify him as a good dood?

bp