Monday, January 03, 2011

In with the new

First, HAPPY NEW YEAR! I hope each of you had a fun and safe NYE weekend.

I was trying to think of what 2010 was like for me. Really, it was pretty tame. The highlight was getting engaged on May 1st. I did quit smoking by using electronic cigarettes (ecigs). The ecigs have also allowed me to meet some awesome new people. I went to St. Louis in August and met up with a bunch of ecig users. Other than that, it was a normal year. But this year, 2011, this is going to be a busy year for me.

In a few weeks we're going to Cancun for a destination wedding. I probably should be more excited about this trip than I am, but I'm sure that excitement will come as we get closer to leaving.

In February I'm taking Ethan to NYC for an "Ethan and Mommy" trip. I got this idea from Another Suburban Mom. She has taken her son to NYC for a "quality time" trip with just to two of them. I figured I should probably get on this while he's young enough to enjoy spending time with me. He had mentioned wanting to go to NYC in the past so I thought it would be the perfect place. I got tickets to STOMP, which I know he'll love, and booked a hotel room. We'll get up early that Saturday, drive up to NJ, check into our hotel then hop on the bus to the city which is only a 10 minute drive. I figure we'll spend the day sight-seeing, eat at some fun restaurants and definitely experience the subway! It will no doubt be a fun trip.

In March I'll be meeting up with a bunch of my ecig friends in Philly. That's sure to be a blast.

Then in June we'll be getting married! Sometime after then we'll go on our honeymoon. We don't have any definite plans, but we're leaning towards Europe. Neither of us have been to Europe before and have it on our bucket lists. A honeymoon is a perfect reason to go, don't ya think?

What's in store for you in 2011?

Deep Throat of the Day: "Every woman needs a first husband under her belt." Quote by me while having a conversation about a coworkers daughter marrying some guy she hadn't met in person until a week before their wedding.

5 comments:

Grant said...

I was hoping to go the entire day without being wished a happy new year, so thanks for ruining that. Otherwise, my only plan this year is to spend less time and money on healthcare. Also I want to sleep more and if it's not too ambitious spend more time on video games.

~Kenny said...

I'm kinda hopin to have a relationship I can finally be open about and hopelessly and shamelessly in love.

Jim said...

Sounds like a fun year ahead.

Isn't Europe a little pricey nowadays, with the weak dollar? What about the Caribbean? Cheaper and closer.

Congratulations, and have a blast, wherever you end up going.

XO

Hubman said...

Have fun on your NYC trip, I'm sure ASM will be happy to offer an advice if you'd like.

Randi said...

2011 has us becoming homeowners!