Thursday, February 03, 2011

Day 20

Thirty Days of Truth
Day 20: Your views on drugs and alcohol


Moderation is key.

Having an alcoholic father and having been in a marriage that failed primarily due to pain meds, you would think that I would be against the use of drugs and alcohol. I'm not. Again, it's all about moderation.

There are some people who do not have the ability to use drugs or alcohol without going overboard. Those people should probably stay away from them.

I feel like as long as you're not putting yourself or others in danger and you're able to control yourself from going off the deep end, then have at it.

But of course, I'm not talking about all drugs either. I do not feel that all drugs are created equally. I'm just going to stop here, but only after saying that yes, I have tried and done drugs in the past. But not anymore. And I do enjoy a glass or 2 of wine pretty much every day. And I will get my drink on when we have a girls night out. But I will not, under any circumstances, drive home drunk.

1 comment:

Grant said...

I love moderation! I can't get enough of that shit! Bring on more moderation!

Okay, I can't indulge in moderation without going overboard. On the other hand, I am good about not going to excess. I think I'll indulge in that instead.