Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Day 24

Thirty Days of Truth
Day 24: Make a playlist to someone, and explain why you chose all the songs. (Just post the titles and artists and letter)


Ok, so I'm going to change this up a little. I'm going to pick 2 songs for Joe and 2 songs for Ethan. Then I'll provide short explanations as to why I picked the songs. I'll try to include links to the songs on YouTube so you can hear them.

Songs for Joe:

Bless the Broken Road by Rascal Flatts
*I picked this song because the lyrics describe how I feel, completely and absolutely. I have dealt with a LOT of shit in my past. But now having Joe in my life, by my side, makes it all worth it. Plus it's a beautiful song.

Smile by Uncle Kracker
*I picked this song because one day out of nowhere, Joe said to me, "I heard a song today and it made me think of you!" That song was Smile. He searched for it and we listened to it together. It was a sweet moment that I'll never forget.

Songs for Ethan:

I Could Not Ask For More by Edwin McCain (or Sara Evans, but Edwin sang it first)
*I picked this song because I remember first hearing it when Ethan was a baby. I was at home, sitting on my couch, holding Ethan in my arms. MTV (back when they played a lot of videos and not stupid shit) was on and on came this video. I really listened to the lyrics, and although most people would think of a lover for this song, I thought of my son. I thought of how much I loved him and how I truly could not have asked for more. So yeah, every time I hear this song, I think of Ethan.

Parents Just Don't Understand by DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince
*I chose this song because Ethan's now at that age where he thinks he knows everything. He gets upset when I won't let him do things that are completely inappropriate for kids his age to do. He'll roll his eyes at me and say, "Gosh! You just don't get it." Yeah, son, parents just don't understand!

2 comments:

Randi said...

Bless the Broken Road was our first dance as a married couple.

Grant said...

Based on your selections, I take it Joe and Ethan are a couple of people you hate and want to suffer.