Monday, March 21, 2011

Bailey

Here is the newest addition to our family. Bailey! She is the beautiful puppy I spoke about in my last post. Things went exactly as I had hoped for; house visit on Saturday and we went to meet her on Sunday. She is absolutely beautiful. Her fur is a beautiful mixture of brown and black. She's a Pit mix. I think she's mixed with Lab, but it's hard to say for sure.

When we first met her she growled at us. She was apprehensive, but let us pet her and give her kisses. We took her for a short walk and she did well. When it was time to take her home, she didn't want to go. It broke our hearts. Her foster family had her for 2 months, so leaving them wasn't easy for her. When we put her in our car, she was shaking. I sat in the back with her, petting her, giving her kisses. She warmed up and laid across my lap. When we stopped for gas, Joe sat in the back with her, giving her lovins. We brought her to PetSmart, where she did absolutely wonderful.

She's adjusted to her new home nicely. We introduced her to our neighbor and his 12 y/o Boxer, Nikki, who I take for a walk every day. She even slept with us in bed last night. She follows us around the house like a shadow. What's funny is we thought of the name Shadow for her on our way to pick her up. Had we known that she would be this way, we might have chosen Shadow instead of Bailey. Although, I think Bailey fits her well.

We are all just so damn happy to have Bailey be a part of our family!

8 comments:

KBear said...

How is she with Ethan?

She sounds like a sweetheart. I love pits, but because of my allergies, I can't have them. For some reason, their hair gives me hives. I think it's because it's so short it sticks to my skin.

Congrats though, she's gorgeous!

April said...

She's great with Ethan as well. She gets excited to see him when he walks into the room. Yesterday, we took her for a walk while Ethan rode his bike in front of us. She kept following him on his bike. It was so cute.

That stinks about the hives. So far she's not shedding hardly at all, which is nice. And thank you!

Joker_SATX said...

Awesome! This is a WIN for sure!

Andrea said...

I am extremely happy for you guys!

Joe Nobody said...

Congrats. I know you are happy now.

Randi said...

Little lover! Congrats on the new addition.

Jim McKee said...

Yay!

Sassy said...

Awww she's precious! Congrats!!