Thursday, March 10, 2011

One month already?

*Sigh* Yes, today marks one month since we had to put Missy to sleep. It doesn't feel like it's been that long. Maybe because February is a short month? I don't know. All I know is that I miss her like crazy.

My neighbor, Sean, has a Boxer named Nikki. Nikki and I have become friends since Sean moved in. Last week, I asked Sean if I could take Nikki for walks during my lunch break. I used to walk Missy before she got sick, plus I'm missing dog interaction. He gave me the OK to walk her. He even told me that I could bring her over to our house whenever I wanted!

So, every day this week I've been taking Nikki for a walk. After our walk, she hangs out in our house with me, then I take her home. It's been nice to have that interaction, but it kinda makes me miss Missy even more.

There's a Pit Bull rescue not too far from here. I'm thinking about seeing if they need any volunteers. I'm sure they do, it's not like they turn down people offering to help for free. I'd REALLY love to foster a Pit or 2, but Joe says I'll get too attached and want to keep it. Shit! What does he know? (he's right, but don't tell him I said that.)

Today also marks 1 year of being smoke free! YAY! Electronic cigarettes are a life saver.

Deep Throat of the Day: It feels like yesterday.

4 comments:

Randi said...

Congrats on quitting smoking!

I'd totally get attached. I love it when my neighbors walk Kiyah because they give her the attention I don't always have the time to give her. You're probably helping Sean out just like he's helping you.

Grant said...

What's wrong with getting attached and keeping a dog or two? It's how Kira got her dog.

Joker_SATX said...

Kudos on beating the bastards at Phillip Morris!

And as far as Missy is concerned, she will always be with you as long as you continue to remember her....

Hubman said...

Wow, a month already?

And congrats on kicking the smoking habit, good for you!