Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Three Years

Three years ago today, I went on a date with a man who unknowingly made a hilarious comment prior to our date. After he made that comment and the truth about my leg came out, I gave him an opportunity to back out. (I know, I didn't write about that three years ago.) I told him, "Listen, if you don't want to go out on our date, I'd completely understand." He paused for what seemed like forever then said, "No. I still want to go out." I replied, "You paused! I swear you better not call me an hour before our date and make up some lame excuse to get out of it." He laughed and said, "Yes, I did pause. But you sound like a really cool girl and I want to go on a date with you."

We went on that date and had a good time. So much of a good time that three years later we're engaged!

Happy Third Anniversary, Baby! This has truly been the best three years of my life. Thank you for being so wonderful not only to me, but Ethan as well. I'm looking forward to spending forever with you.

5 comments:

Joker_SATX said...

This is a Major WIN!

Dark Damian said...

Congratulations! And I would've paused too, but only to consider whether I could smuggle snacks into the movies inside your prosthetic. I'm hood like that.

Joe Nobody said...

Congrats! I bet he felt like an ass after the comment. LOL

Randi said...

Dark Damian for the win.

Hubman said...

Congratulations on 3 yrs together, and here's to many many more to come!